Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid 2018

OK.

I know no one cares about this except me, but it's therapeutic as I sit around and wait to post this fecal matter, so here I go (again).

So, my pseudo-but-cool dealer put on spanking new Pirelli Scorpion II dual-sport tires front and back.  I was excited to spank 'em.

Then, as said, above, psssssssss.  Slow, but sure.  I had noticed, in a denial sort of way, some odd handling, but it seemed full enough at my last stop some miles from the hotel.

On arrival in Princeton, tho, the reality was obvious, tho no hole visible in a quick look. I limped over to a nearby gas station and added air, hoping that would last 'til the a.m.

I called Mike at WMS.  He was ... uhm ... deflated about it -- he worries that his tech may have pinched the tube when installing -- and immediately did what I was going to do, i.e., called around places near me to see if any might be able look at the tire in the a.m.

Turns out that the Suzuki dealer is part of the local Nippon car cabal, and said bring it over at 7:30 today.

I did.  Waiting on their assessment.  If they can replace tube, vadamnbene.  If not, I'll be stopping lots on the way.

In the meantime, it's pretty foggy here, so waiting not a bad thing.  Besides, we extended check out, so no suffering.  :grin:

I knew you'd want to know.   :whistle:

Bill

i-W8CkXm4-L.jpg

i-GdznMZ2-L.jpg

I'm 3 hours out, in Commerce, GA. What's the schedule?

Saw this after I just posted those pics.

No real schedule as I understand it.

Assume you are overnighting there.

Breakfast here 7:30- 9, then all on their own.  No "group ride."

Bill

404.8zero8.8486

• Like 1

Got your text. Assume you're on road.

Correction is to breakfast, it's 7: 00 til 9:30.

Off now to shop in Tellico Plains at the hardware store. I love Guzzis. ;-)

Bill

What an amazing. amazing time! So many fabulous TechSessions (some planned, but mostly *not* . . .) :nerd::o:luigi:  :race: 

About a dozen of us. :notworthy:  Welldone, folks!

And just in case anyone thinks the TechSession thing is exaggerated, danl brought a dial indicator and recorded radial play in reardrive input shafts (pinion bearings) on six Spine guzzis (five V11), and even took interview notes on mileage and lubrication history.

And that was today (early Sunday morning) !! :thumbsup:

IMG_6419.jpg

• Like 1

First time attendee though long time guzzi guy only 150 miles away and will not miss another one. It was a truly awesome weekend.  Met friends haven't seen in years and more passionate guzzi brethren I hope to see again.  Like docc says, endless sharing of tips, good roads to ride and too much other to mention. 

• Like 4

I mentioned that it was our 40th anniversary trip, and Dorcia was just bubbling when we were going home. She said she couldn't imagine a nicer anniversary trip.. the scenery was gorgeous, the room was great, the raiders gracious. She said she even loved our off road trip looking for the hidden waterfall. "I've seen them do it on TV, but I didn't know you could take a street bike over and around rocks, washouts, etc. :) I didn't tell her there were a couple of puckery moments..

So, if you haven't been before.. this was the view off our balcony.

43683791175_31f0a0f225_k.jpg2018-09-10_08-34-28 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

One of the little ponds..

43683798825_ee7fcbb236_k.jpg2018-09-10_08-34-53 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

More in a minute.

• Like 2