Selling my '89 Mille GT

Pressureangle

My 1989 Mille GT.

I bought it on a whim as a spare for visiting friends, who never appeared.
Fresh tune-up, top end disassembled and inspected-rings, seats and guides in great shape.
New spring cam chain tensioner
New points & condensers
New Odyssey
Carbs completely cleaned and reconditioned, synced properly
All fluids serviced with premium synthetic, including forks
Charging system works great
Integrated brakes work great, new EBC or Brembo pads (don't recall)
Instrument cluster replaced with NOS, not disintegrated
Mistral mufflers, stock also
Spoke wheels, have a set of Red LM III wheels & Michelins to go with if the price is right
Custom touring seat
Needs a proper detailing, not as pretty as it could be. Looks like every other 5 owner 'Guzzi with 3 different keys.
Rides great, needs nothing. I just don't use it and need the garage space.

Stuart, Florida. I can facilitate shipping, or you can ride it home.

Best offer, won't bother with eBay. I know I won't get close to my cost, but please don't insult me. Ask for more pictures if you like.

MilleGT.jpg

MilleGT2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with the sale. My 1989 LeMans is a lot of fun to ride, makes a good stable mate to the V11. I assume the Mille would be similar, isn't it basically the same as the LeMans 1000 except for the fairing and the more upright riding position?

• Like 1

Pretty sure the Mille is a small valve engine. I had a Strada, which is similar, has the great medium valve engine, and when naked and unafraid :rasta: looked very much like my LM5 in the same condition.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a Tonti frame and handles just like the LeMans but easy around town. I didn't measure the valves, but I would call them 'Medium' compared to the LM heads. It's actually a good fun bike, really nice for day rides to the flea and cafe. I just have too many other projects to give this one what it needs cosmetically, and somebody has to sleep outside for space in the garage. 

6 hours ago, arveno said:

Is this some new “ trend” ?

posting something for sale without an actual price ?

I am too old school for this new thing.

Ohh well.

No. It's the reluctance to deal with people disparaging the seller because 'his price is unrealistic' and 'Ah hain't never see'd one sell that high, bought one fifteen years ago for less than half that'. 

If you can't make an offer, you can't be expected to pay the asked price. People aren't what they were 20 years ago, especially not online.

• Like 2