EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the fading or just plain overly glossy is the main reason I'm looking at the Ti line should hold up well be nice and light, I am thinking there isn't much of a bonus over the Alum Just a looks thing but hopefully Ti's just won't scratch or dent as easy nor hopefully get brittle or corode from all the wonderful salt on the MN roads. If I'm out of my mind and making no sense let me know Maybe I'll save some money with the alum and pick up a PCIII at the same time Nothing like going broke saving money.

45797[/snapback]

Well... Apple changed their PowerBooks from titanium casing to aluminium: because the titanium got all messed up, whereas the aluminium keeps its looks much better. Having said that, all you naughty boys have forced me into rash decision and I have just ordered some goodies this afternoon – in titanium. :thumbsup:

Well... Apple changed their PowerBooks from titanium casing to aluminium: because the titanium got all messed up, whereas the aluminium keeps its looks much better. Having said that, all you naughty boys have forced me into rash decision and I have just ordered some goodies this afternoon – in titanium. :thumbsup:

45825[/snapback]

Actually, the Titanium Powerbooks were PAINTED -- and the paint chipped easily (I had one). The aluminum is cheaper and looks just fine brushed, but it's more of a PITA to keep clean (I've got one).

the Titanium Powerbooks were PAINTED

45832[/snapback]

Painted :!: Martin Barrett worked for Apple!!!!!

hmm...I never saw one in the (painted) flesh, but happily I am tapping at a lovely new (clean) aluminium Pbk. I could never understand why the titanium got damaged so easily – so that's the explanation – Painted :!: The titanium caused problems for the 'wireless' transmission/reception too I think?

Painted :!: So it seems the precedent has been set and maybe I can paint those ti cans so that they tone in with the Scura.

Well I hope you don't have any "wireless" options on your guzzi then, BUT if you do you'd better post them on here with pics.

45851[/snapback]

You mean like this guy?

" A Wireless Long Shot

by Rob Flickenger

There has been plenty of talk about the range of wireless Guzzis, so we decided to find out how far we could stretch it. This series of articles tracks our progress in trying to use the V.11b protocol to create a link from Sebastopol to a hilltop tower 20.9 miles north, and from there on to some homes 5 miles across a valley. In this first installment, we try out the 5-mile link and create an experiment to test the loss we would encounter on the 20.9-mile link."

Before he went wireless, this Guzzi fanatic tried exhaustive experiments with wired cans. The tin ones worked pretty good once he dialed in the right map to his PC. Titanium was an unexpected flop. He later sold this design idea to Quat-D.

Kegtenna.jpg

Painted  So it seems the precedent has been set and maybe I can paint those ti cans so that they tone in with the Scura.

The secret is in the preparation. I find a coating of Nitromors as a primer, will achieve the perfect matching finish to correspond with the crank cases.

About the wireless sniper rifle alls I have to say is :nerd::nerd::nerd: , must be how they Got Paris

anyway not to get off topic of the new topic but IS the deal with Ti, Carbon and Alum just asteics? appearance? looks? is there any real difference to them besides that?

:huh2:

About the wireless sniper rifle alls I have to say is  :nerd:  :nerd:  :nerd: , must be how they Got Paris

anyway not to get off topic of the new topic but IS the deal with Ti, Carbon and Alum just asteics? appearance? looks? is there any real difference to them besides that?

:huh2:

45869[/snapback]

There is NO DIFFERENCE in the SOUND of aluminum/titanium that I've heard. Carbon fibre does sound different -- I just can't fully describe it. Lower, more rumbly? Regardless, very nice.

As to the durability of aluminum, I've got a 15-year-old aluminum silencer on my Ducati and, when washed up, it looks as good as the day it was installed.

Titanium is the metal "du jour" -- but there's nothing wrong with aluminum.

Now, if I can just make a decision...

Now, if I can just make a decision...

45885[/snapback]

If you can hang out till after the Castaic Lake Rally perhaps we can get more evidence....

Anybody with a good tape recorder?

iPod with microphone?

Maybe just more two cent opinions...

If you are anxious, order the Stucchi crossover now, but wait until you hear for yourself some of the slip on options.

If you can hang out till after the Castaic Lake Rally perhaps we can get more evidence....

Anybody with a good tape recorder?

iPod with microphone?

Maybe just more two cent opinions...

If you are anxious, order the Stucchi crossover now, but wait until you hear for yourself some of the slip on options.

45896[/snapback]

When's that rally? Also, I've got a minidisc recorder and some excellent microphones that I have used for field recording that might be of use. Can send if necessary.

Thanks.

Titanium is the metal "du jour" -- but there's nothing wrong with aluminum.

45885[/snapback]

Well, there is a difference, since titanium is stronger & lighter than aluminum, & more importantly for exhaust cans, less reactive with hot exhaust gases. This last feature would be rather irrelevant for (stock) cans with built-in cats, since any nitric oxides [acid precursors] would have already been reacted away. But since no manufacturer is likely to risk having their exhaust cans rot out from the inside & be forced to mount a recall, I think we can safely look forward to continued oem use of heavy, boring stainless steel...

;)

The secret is in the preparation. I find a coating of Nitromors as a primer, will achieve the perfect matching finish to correspond with the crank cases.

45858[/snapback]

"Nitromors?" Not familiar with this product/brand name. Mind giving a more general description? [Or is this a joke, & Nitromors is UK slang for plastic explosive? ;) ] :bike: