Griso Presentation!

biesel

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pull through with a Norwegian fir at least!

Nige.  :o

59831[/snapback]

I think a push through. Pointy end first to ensure those branches don't just slip smoothly in.

GRISO

:mg:  :mg:  :mg:

59623[/snapback]

Check it out! In the second frame of the foto essay as the page loads, you get a nice "worm's eye view" of the muff; the huge can is the heat shield, with louvers & all! So there's hope yet for the huge dustbin hangin' in the breeze; cut off the fugly bit, have a welder TIG on some pips, & bolt up a piece of perf'd. stainless where it's needed to protect your leg & passengers' feet, & clean up the looks of the thing about 10000%!

D@mn I'm good; somebody get me a tv show, quick! Biker buildoff, shmildoff! ;)

Mistral managed to make aftermarket cans for the Breva 1100 in time for its launch and I bet they are working hard to make one for a Griso in anticipation of huge demand!

Guy :helmet:

59882[/snapback]

Heh. "HUGE" demand, indeed! Lest we forget: if the can actually had that much volume, it would account for some added performance from the Griso's engine, but now that I know that it's just a heatshield, I suspect that the actual muffler hidden inside is similar to the very anemic and restrictive ones used on the V11ses. :glare:

Time will tell...

:mg:

Guest goffredo

Griso essential facts:

The name comes from the character of the famous italian novel "I promessi Sposi" by Alessandro Manzoni, which takes place on the shore of the Lake of Como, Guzziland!

The Griso was the chief of the bodyguards of Don Rodrigo, mean to the bone, traitor, with no remorses, sort of the kind of guy you do not want to meet in a dark alley... No reference whatsoever to the colour gray (grigio in italian).

The sand colour has been rejected after some survey they did when they presented it last year. People basically did not like it very much (though I personally did not dilslike it....) and there were big demand of a red version and also of a usage of classical Guzzi colours. So here the Guzzi red, the light blue (already used on classic such as Le Mans 850 and G5) and the yellow (as seen on Centauro, Sport Corsa).

The exhaust is beautiful, IMHO of course. Actually Frascoli first design had an even bigger end can!

-3 days to the free road tests in Mandello!!!

Cheers,

G. :mg:

3 days to the free road tests in Mandello!!!

I get on a plane tomorrow... so see you there. Anyone else here going?

I'll try and wear my GuzziTech.com t-shirt on Saturday if it stays warm enough. Please say Hi.

I get on a plane tomorrow... so see you there. Anyone else here going?

I'll try and wear my GuzziTech.com t-shirt on Saturday if it stays warm enough. Please say Hi.

I will be there with SuperTwin 1225 in the Anima stand with Goffredo :drink:

from Friday lunch to Saturday lunch.

"unfortunately" i must leave saturday to get back home for 30th birthday with little family :grin:

Guest goffredo
I will be there with SuperTwin 1225 in the Anima stand with Goffredo  :drink:

"unfortunately" i must leave saturday to get back home for 30th birthday with little family :grin:

60258[/snapback]

I posted already an invitation somewhere else on the forum but just to remind:

anyone of this forum please come to say hi at the Anima Guzzista Stand (at the central square next to the Gardens and Podium area). Usually there is always beer, wine and stuff to eat... :bier:

See you, I'll be there from friday early morning. I'd try to test the Griso on Friday because I think it will be quite chaotic on Sat and Sunday.

G.

Dunno the more I look at this bike the Uglier it gets not to metion the compromised ground clearance it would have to achive the "look".

60284[/snapback]

O.K. that's a valid compaint in any right-hand drive country like the U.K., Commonwealth countries, Japan, etc., but frankly, the compromised ground clearance from that huge can will only come into play on really sharp left turns elsewhere in the world, & remains worlds better than that of other "cruiser" offerings [i use quotes because the Griso is a cruiser in the same vein as the Ducati Monster is a "cruiser..."]

Ride on!

O.K. that's a valid compaint in any right-hand drive country like the U.K., Commonwealth countries, Japan, etc., but frankly, the compromised ground clearance from that huge can will only come into play on really sharp left turns elsewhere in the world, & remains worlds better than that of other "cruiser" offerings [i use quotes because the Griso is a cruiser in the same vein as the Ducati Monster is a "cruiser..."]

Ride on!

60294[/snapback]

Well the review (that Guy mentions) raved about the thing and it says there are no ground clearance issues,

'sporty, it sure is. Try as we might we couldn't find the limits of its ground clearance either.'

I will be there with SuperTwin 1225 in the Anima stand with Goffredo  :drink:

Though I'd love to meet you guys and see also that supertwin I won't be able to be in Mandello at 16 of Sep. By all things going right I'd be able to be in mandello about 21-22 of Sept.

Ciao :helmet: