War..... fastest indian

tomsp

I'll stand by my assessment -- and remind you that my assessment of this pic had nothing to do with my lurid "Americanism." It was simply a crap movie -- pure and simple.

Well it dosent suprise me that a few of you yank types dident like the movie that much.....

1st of all its done in kiwi humour, without any offence ment some of you guys just wont get it.... hell down south were the movie was based even me being in the same island thinks that them down ther are all related and thick as a brick shit house, but they have a very simple way at looking at things.... this is what Bert Munro did... hell how many of you at 60+yrs could make a piston from scrap and a conrod from a bull dozer track with next to no tooling and in the room that he slept.... and make the fuking thing beat a record that isent broken today.

2nd..... well a old bastard kiwi chap used a well built yank bike and made it do what no american could do.... he kicked ya arse and for some people thats hard to swollow.... just like the fact that a kiwi nutter by the name of Price beat the Write brothers to flight..... but Price did it in his back yard were SFA could see it, and it was not docomented so the world thinks that the USA was 1st to do the old powered flight thing..... sorry guys  :bier:

78959[/snapback]

I'll stand by my assessment -- and remind you that my assessment of this pic had nothing to do with my lurid "Americanism."  It was simply a crap movie -- pure and simple.

78998[/snapback]

Hey no worries man, you own a V50, guess if ya cant handle a real Guzzi then... well..... spose you wouldent reconise a decent movie if it bit ya in the arse...... :thumbsup:

Just in case you missed it here it is again :thumbsup:

PS: Buells rock Have a 12R

Hmmmm, blatant kiwiism. That must be a first for the forum!

I didn't know about that Price chap, I must do a little searching around. I vaguely remember something about an Italian, or possibly frenchman who may have beaten the wright brothers as well.

I didn't know about that Price chap, I must do a little searching around. I vaguely remember something about an Italian, or possibly frenchman who may have beaten the wright brothers as well.

79160[/snapback]

Go boyz, go!!!

I watched Lemans last night and hadnt seen it in years. My wife thought it was boring as hell and I forgot how little dialogue was actually in the film.  watching the start when there is complete silence save for heart beats and then  switching into the scream of revving porsches (now in surround) still makes me feel funny.

78843[/snapback]

Methinks V50man wouldn't like this movie too. It is one of the best movies ever for me.

79160[/snapback]

Hey let me know what ya find aye, does ring bells, and are very keen on the topic :thumbsup:

That is a good point. Being reared in a family of British expats may have made the NZ ironies more accessible. In any case, itsa decent flick, and y'oughta see it.

78963[/snapback]

Cheers man :bike:

Go boyz, go!!!

79161[/snapback]

I'm trying, I'm trying........ :P

I saw the movie twice and enjoyed it both times. And I think the biggest part of my enjoyment stems from the fact here is an old guy, a confirmd motorcycle nut who in his later years succeeds in a life long goal with an old machine. That punches my buttons, being an old fart myself.

Next, it seems fitting he was a New Zealander. Something about Kiwis and bikes that naturally goes together. Like the Aussies, they seem to have more than their share of mechanical ingenuity in bike craft. As testament to that probably the best dealership in the area is owned and run by an ex-pat New Zealander, Jeff Nash. Too bad he only works on Ducatis and laughs at my Guzzi LM. <_>

• 2 weeks later...
News to me as well...  found an interesting write up on ealy powered flight Here.

Not correct. Stringfellow and Henson made the first powered, heavier-than-air flight. 1848, beating Giffard by four years. They created the world's first air transport company five years earlier than that.

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/stringfellow.html

mike

• 2 weeks later...

The 'Worlds Fastest Indian' has finally made it to Canada. I think maybe they were worried about racial slurs and such and want to keep it low key. After all we here in British Columbia know that the world fastest Indian is the one who found out his paycheck was under his workboots ....

Anyways it is playing at the Cinemark Tinseltown for anyone interested. The theatre is on the corner of Pender and Abbott Streets. Check here for more info.

It will be coming out next week at Famous Players but their website does not show where yet.