Anyone know anything about this bike?

Goosed Again

Saw this on Ebay, here in L.A. and since I'm down in L.A. on a job wanted to look at it, the guy is out of town through the weekend though. Price attractive, low miles, what should I be looking for or concerned about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Le-Mans-Gold-and-Dark-Grey-Carbon-Fiber-Trim-/290841524885?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43b7817a95#ht_500wt_1182

Gonna try to look this weekend. He states that he's only put 100 miles on it, might be true, might not. Duck in the background makes me think he has a preference on what he takes out for a daily rip. This is L.A. and it's all about image.

Besides the usual tires, leaks, plugs, etc. what should I look for on THIS bike in particular.

PS: Decided against the purple naked, didn't want to be owner 4 in such a short period. But it isn't totally out of the picture yet.

Isn't that a 2002 color? Could be a "transition model " aka leftover, which would raise concerns for bubbly driveline paint and fragile pawl spring. If the engine paint is smooth and tight, then it made the '03 cut.

From his description, looks like you could be owner #4 on this one, too!

Interesting windshiel spoiler.

Isn't that a 2002 color? Could be a "transition model " aka leftover, which would raise concerns for bubbly driveline paint and fragile pawl spring. If the engine paint is smooth and tight, then it made the '03 cut.

From his description, looks like you could be owner #4 on this one, too!

Interesting windshiel spoiler.

Anybody know of or where I can get the cut off numbers of year made? Yea, if it's an '02 I may want to stay away, no offense to owners of earlier models, I just don't want to deal with some of the headaches you've gone through.

Well..............it will look like an 02 but will be registered as an 03... you will find these bikes are hard to nail down as a specific yr. model , #s produced , etc. If it feels good , buy it !

There's another one for sale on ebay, but it's in San Fancisco. Sellers name is Guzzitech, so if it's Todd's, then it's sure to be a good one. I'd spend the extra money for the upgrades he did to it.

Ken

Not seeing that one, got a link?

There's another one for sale on ebay, but it's in San Fancisco. Sellers name is Guzzitech, so if it's Todd's, then it's sure to be a good one. I'd spend the extra money for the upgrades he did to it.

Ken

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-2002-V11-Lemans-Sport-Tourer-Ducati-Cagiva-Laverda-ST1300-Monster-ADV-/321033082084?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abf1014e4&vxp=mtr

It's Ed's bike.

Ken

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-2002-V11-Lemans-Sport-Tourer-Ducati-Cagiva-Laverda-ST1300-Monster-ADV-/321033082084?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abf1014e4&vxp=mtr

It's Ed's bike.

I see it now, it's listed under "parts" not motorcycles, that's why it was not visible to me. I'll look into it, thanks!

If it's Ed's it will be well sorted,as he's one of the top Guzzi guys in the country.The MG Ti kit is nearly unobtainable now so a big plus.

surely it's an 02.. nothing to be afraid of really but why would you list a sale and leave town? pretty sure the real 03's had black face instruments.. I'm glad my 02 has the Veglia stuff, they still work. the engine paint? it's kinda like Italian patina? 

I don't see it when riding..

never had the shift spring problem but I carry the fix under the seat.

that one looks really nice accept for those ugly stock cans.

I asked all the questions and it is well sorted.  I was going to buy it but decided I wanted a sport and found one with 2,600 miles.  This one is a great bike it seemed to me.

don't be overly scared of the '02 bikes. i think they get kind of a bad rap.

i've had my '02 for about 4 yrs, it's been very reliable & always a blast to ride, & i ride it a lot.

only thing has broken is the odometer, speedo & tripometer still work fine. (white faced veglia)

and from what i've read, the shift pawl spring failure is kind of an across the board thing with all of our bikes, not specific to '02 bikes, i haven't had the problem, but i intend to put a new one in soon, kind of a preemtive strike.

as far as being the 4th owner....i don't think guzzi's are for everyone, and as neat as having a guzzi sounds, a lot of owners end up selling soon, & buying something more mainstream.

anyway, i think the guzzi picks you, not the other way around.

good luck with your hunt

cheers, s