V 11 chin spoiler search

Twin AH

Here is the initial response we received from the Chinese outfit...

Hi Sir

We can not figure out the size of the chin spoiler, if you need us to make mould and CF parts for it, the mould fee maybe cost $100 more, and for the a carbon fiber part, it would cost $90.

If you are interested, we will send you our address.

Thanks

Best regards

Jacque

In discussing with TwinAH, this price seems quite cheap as compared to their $300 Aprilia chin spoiler, which seems odd. Of course, we would have to send them a sample part as well, to which even plastic Acerbis ones are fairly hard to come by. I'll keep my eyes out for one.

Bottom line, seems as if we could definitely get a batch made.

• Like 1

if you need us to make mould and CF parts for it, the mould fee maybe cost $100 more, and for the a carbon fiber part, it would cost $90.

In discussing with TwinAH, this price seems quite cheap as compared to their $300 Aprilia chin spoiler, which seems odd. 

Bottom line, seems as if we could definitely get a batch made.

Assuming another $300 in shipping and other costs on top of the mold fee the fixed costs are $400.  Then $90 "variable cost" for each spoiler. Assuming we could get at least 5 commitments and we share the total cost, it's only $170 per person.

It's an easy "yes" for me if it's $200 or less. Could even be an ongoing hobby/business for somebody.

Maybe somebody who has a painted one, but would prefer carbon-fiber, could provide the stock piece for the mold.

Alternatively - I found this thread re alternator covers that references a DIY approach to making molds and casting one's own CF parts.

BTW I do have a couple spare pillion covers if anyone is interested in that part to be made in CF. I found one for sale in Germany a while ago (USA made part) but the guy wanted a million dollars to ship the damn thing so I passed. I have a spare CF front cowling too. I also have a spare tail piece and front/rear fenders in plastic, but those wouldn't be very fun to ship to China. Only reason I say this, is that this Chinese CF company seems to like to have all the major pieces available for each bike. We'd have to gather the two side covers, tail piece, pillion, front cowl, lower chin, front and rear fenders, and the starter cover. I've got a spare of that too. Bottom line, if somebody was willing to setup the deal and shipment to China, I've got 90% of the needed samples that I'm willing to temporarily donate to the cause (as well as my $ share for the chin piece etc.). Maybe they'd really really appreciate a full bike's worth of parts to replicate and have in their catalog....maybe not.

I inquired at Ghezzi&Brian. They sell kits that include the chin-spoiler (which they call “belly pan”) and I thought they might be willing to sell individual parts. Here is an excerpt from Brian’s reply:

Just a couple of examples about prices, included the shipping cost to USA:

carbon fibre belly pan:

-1 piece euro 247,00

-5 pieces  euro  990,00

-10 pieces euro 1.730,00

At US$1.25 per Euro, the delivered prices are about:  US$310 for 1, US$250 each for 5, US$220 each for 10.

I can see a CF belly pan under my Christmas tree…

Group ordering and re-shipping sounds like a hassle. But if several of us are serious, I could ask if they would offer a discount till year-end for forum members. Then we could all just place our own orders. They have lots of other interesting bits, including a CF rear fender.

Mounting hardware included. Pic of CF spoiler is not too good, but he said it would be same level of finish as the rear fender. 

http://bellypanpuntale.jpg

http://rearfenderparafangopost.jpg

Here is the response from Bruno (aka Brian).  I suggested that he offer us a group discount on individual orders for a short time.  Order up and get your wrenches (aka spanners) ready...  :luigi:

Hi Tim,

I agree with you that collecting orders and money can be a little bit complicated; your proposal is acceptable and here is my offer:

-bellypan (including mounting hardware and shipping cost): EURO 195,00
-rear fender (including mounting hardware and shipping cost): EURO 175,00

if somebody buys the two items in one shipment, the price is reduced to EURO 340,00

Enclosed pls find some bellypan pictures made today in my workshop, where it is possible to have a look of the finishing, I'm sorry for the  bad quality picture sent yesterday

NOTES

-prices valid for USA and Canada only

-no modify to the bike, mounting very easy

-orders to be received within December 31th, mentioning the code BF1

-sorry, no VISA accepted, the payment has to be made by bank swift

-bank transfer cost on customer charge

-the customers can contact me (b.saturno@promo.it) for order and instruction

I thank you, Tim, for contacting me and showing no people in the blog has knowledge of the tuning parts offered by Ghezzi-Brian;
you have seen we have many high quality parts for V11; can you suggest me how I can increase  the G-B parts visibility on the blog?

stay safe

Bruno