It was 40 years ago today

James Dewar(RIP)

Now there's a name. In the early/mid70's I bought an album called "Flash Fearless vs the Zorg Women" (nowt on Youtube, sadly) a group effort co-ordinated by John Entwhistle and featuring Elkie Brooks, Alice Cooper, Jim Dandy and others. A parody Flash Gordon concept album, it featured a ballad sung by James Dewar. I couldn't find any reference to him anywhere. Took quite a while before I realised I was looking for the guy out of Stone the Crows. Sadly gone before by the time I did find him.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/sound/sfw9367.html

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely!

My '69 (recorded) album was the Stones' Get Yer Ya Yas Out

still one of their best.

See here for a top 10 best live rock recordings list, just for interest's sake.

No1 = Allmans at Fillmore East

Yep, a treasured gatefold

d148560n239.jpg

I looked through this thread all this time to find this Allman Bros lp . Probably the most perfect noise of all time!

Also...The Who-Live at Leeds...(extended version) if it's too loud you're too old.

And J Geils Band-Full House / Lou Reed-Rock - Roll Animal....You would have to hear them 48 straight hours to fully appreciate.

,,,perfect noise of all time!

Also...The Who-Live at Leeds...(extended version) if it's too loud you're too old.

And J Geils Band-Full House / Lou Reed-Rock - Roll Animal....You would have to hear them 48 straight hours to fully appreciate.

Maybe you were a Grand Funk Railroad fan?

144996_170x170.jpg

Maybe you were a Grand Funk Railroad fan?

144996_170x170.jpg

Grand Funk--Live Album....absolutely..Lots of feedback along with Mach 2 rock and roll. I have 2 of these cds along with the original vinyl.I bought the "Tribute to Bosnia" cd (a live album). Some things are better left to memory.....Mark,Don and Mel can't duplicate that speed at AARP age. "I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home" is the ONLY song that was released to airplay I would claim to be GFR.

I thought his main claim to fame was buggering up Cream's recordings.

You thought that combination was a strange brew?