Titanium cans, fit and go?

andylong

I bought a TI kit last week from TLM(...still in the box).

I would like to ask you if your CDI has any kind of label,

because mine has only a pencil mark and...that"s it.

I have seen photos of CDI with sticker , .....and I wonder what goes on

Let me know what label or mark has your CDI

If your bike is recently adjusted (valves, tps, etc) , fit the kit ....and have fun!!!!!!

There are no special adjustments for the TI kit

My ECU has only got a yellow cross on it no label. Let me know how yours works.

• 2 weeks later...
My ECU has only got a yellow cross on it no label. Let me know how yours works.

I installed Ti- kit 5 days ago.

My bike is 2004 Cafe Sport /front crossover/MY 2003 ECU/cat/lambda sensor.

It was an easy and straightforward job, and the bike looks good, with the titanium cans looking at the sky!!!!!!

Big difference in weight, something expected because of the cat in the factory mufflers.

Also big difference in the produced heat... I touched them by accident while adjusting the bike ( engine was running more than ten minutes in idle) and ...no marks to show my stupidity

Sound is exactly what I wanted, more bass notes at idle, a lot of twin cylinder character in 3000-5500 range, and not at all disturbing or too loud in the whole range.Non omologated Mistrals are louder, but I use the bike in city, so Ti cans are perfect.

Bike feels strong, but gives me the impression that revs a bit slower,...anyway no big difference than before except the wonderful sound.May be that I adjusted TPS at 3.8, you see instructions were missing when I received the box from TLM, and they send them to me by post.Now I read that the proper value for MY 2003 is TPS 2.9, so I will try it and ....see.

Also instructions say to adjust CO at 4%, but I don"t understand how you can do that.A friend has a gas analyzer, and I gave it a try

to adjust the CO at 4% using the bypass screws, but the Lambda sensor was always correcting and changing the mixture.

ANY INFO OR SUGGESTION WELCOME!!!!

I installed Ti- kit 5 days ago.

My bike is 2004 Cafe Sport /front crossover/MY 2003 ECU/cat/lambda sensor.

It was an easy and straightforward job, and the bike looks good, with the titanium cans looking at the sky!!!!!!

Big difference in weight, something expected because of the cat in the factory mufflers.

Also big difference in the produced heat... I touched them by accident while adjusting the bike ( engine was running more than ten minutes in idle) and ...no marks to show my stupidity

Sound is exactly what I wanted, more bass notes at idle, a lot of twin cylinder character in 3000-5500 range, and not at all disturbing or too loud in the whole range.Non omologated Mistrals are louder, but I use the bike in city, so Ti cans are perfect.

Bike feels strong, but gives me the impression that revs a bit slower,...anyway no big difference than before except the wonderful sound.May be that I adjusted TPS at 3.8, you see instructions were missing when I received the box from TLM, and they send them to me by post.Now I read that the proper value for MY 2003 is TPS 2.9, so I will try it and ....see.

Also instructions say to adjust CO at 4%, but I don"t understand how you can do that.A friend has a gas analyzer, and I gave it a try

to adjust the CO at 4% using the bypass screws, but the Lambda sensor was always correcting and changing the mixture.

ANY INFO OR SUGGESTION WELCOME!!!!

The CO % is controlled by the ECU. It is my understanding (although I have not done it myself) that you have 4 options for adjusting the CO level:

1) Have your dealer adjust it using the Guzzi tuning software (assuming they're willing to ajust the CO outside of what is possibly the legal range)

2) Buy, borrow or steal the Guzzi tuning software package (it is pretty expensive) and make the ajustments yourself

3) Add a PC111 to your bike and DynoTune it to achieve the best performance

4) Replace the Ti ECU with a Jeffries My15M ECU which will allow you to adjust all the engine parameters. Like the PC111 you will need to do Dyno Tuning to optimize performance.

Good luck!

Jim

The CO % is controlled by the ECU. It is my understanding (although I have not done it myself) that you have 4 options for adjusting the CO level:

1) Have your dealer adjust it using the Guzzi tuning software (assuming they're willing to ajust the CO outside of what is possibly the legal range)

2) Buy, borrow or steal the Guzzi tuning software package (it is pretty expensive) and make the ajustments yourself

3) Add a PC111 to your bike and DynoTune it to achieve the best performance

4) Replace the Ti ECU with a Jeffries My15M ECU which will allow you to adjust all the engine parameters. Like the PC111 you will need to do Dyno Tuning to optimize performance.

Good luck!

Jim

Today I received an e-mail from TLM Holland, (Ben/service department), that confirmed my suspicion that bikes

with My 2003 ECU, cat and lambda sensor, cannot ( and don"t need) be adjusted regarding the CO value.

He said that I should adjust TPS 2.7-2.9 (465mv ), and leave the system to do the rest.

It"s a closed loop system, self adjusting mixture and other parameters of ECU to achieve the desired value.

"The sensor takes its name from the lambda factor = (A/F) / 14.5, so

lambda = 1 means mixture in stoichiometric ratio

lambda > 1 means weak mixture

lambda

Quote MG Manual

Maybe a PCIII can bypass ( I am not sure) the sensor but I don"t feel the need yet, since the V11 works super.

• 5 years later...