Another Option for Bar Risers?

OregonAl

I have ridden my new Tenni enough now so that I realize the reach to the bars is a bit much. Not a lot, but an inch or two up and/or back would be nice. I searched on the forum and like the looks of the MPH risers and was looking to get those. However I came across these from LSL and wonder if anyone has experience with them. They run about 1/2 the price of the MPH bars.

Thanks

Al

LSLRiserASSmall.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TippyRacer

Interesting option, but as I understand it, these are not bar risers. These are handlebar replacement kits.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I wonder if they make those in the pic you attached in 54mm size?

I have ridden my new Tenni enough now so that I realize the reach to the bars is a bit much. Not a lot, but an inch or two up and/or back would be nice. I searched on the forum and like the looks of the MPH risers and was looking to get those. However I came across these from LSL and wonder if anyone has experience with them. They run about 1/2 the price of the MPH bars.

Thanks

Al

Interesting. You got a link for those?

Here's a riser that's similar to the MPH one that might work:

8464-350x350.jpg

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3746/218/

AHH but those only work if you don't have clip-ons, so they could be paired with the LSL risers but not installed on thier own to a sport. I'll keep an eye on those LSL ones but I kinda like my clipons and don't think I'll change them out anymore.

LSL Bar Risers

Let me know what you think. I may contact the vendor to see what they have to say.

Not cheap at first glance, but the description states they come w/ the handlebars & other bits & pieces, not just the clamps alone, which makes them much more attractive price-wise.

What we really need is for some sort of y2k update to Guzzi's own old gooseneck clip ons: excellent flexibility and good looking too. And of course, at an attractive price point doesn't hurt either... ;)

Another clip-on option might be CycleCats. They are three way adjustable and very nicely made. I dont think they have one specific to the Guzzi, but they are very customer oriented and 3 years ago "guided" me to a set for my 01 Sport. Feel free (on my account) to ask them to look up my purchase records for details, but since I've order several sets, make sure you specify the Guzzi.

The unique feature of these is their adjustability, particularly the rotational orb of the bar-ends.

http://www.ideanamics.com/BR1-1.htm

Well I called the guy at motorworldonline.com and asked him about the LSL bars. He is a member of this list by the way and owns a ballabio. Anyway the bars look really nice, but I mistakenly thought that these were risers and you keep the clip ons. Apparently it's a conversion to a standard handlebar set up as some of you have already pointed this out in your replies. Increased comfort, no doubt, but I will continue to look for a system that allows me to keep the clip on style bars. Maybe I'll re read the thread from Zebulon about his bars, they seem pretty sturdy-although I have no desire to play with triple clamps, raising the forks etc.

Al

Well I called the guy at motorworldonline.com and asked him about the LSL bars. He is a member of this list by the way and owns a ballabio. Anyway the bars look really nice, but I mistakenly thought that these were risers and you keep the clip ons. Apparently it's a conversion to a standard handlebar set up as some of you have already pointed this out in your replies. Increased comfort, no doubt, but I will continue to look for a system that allows me to keep the clip on style bars. Maybe I'll re read the thread from Zebulon about his bars, they seem pretty sturdy-although I have no desire to play with triple clamps, raising the forks etc.

Al

Al,

You spoke with me in the morning. You are correct in understanding that these bar risers will actually replace your Clip-ons. Well there are couple of other options.

I do like Cycle Cats but they don't have 54mm setup as of now. Very nice kit but lacks height adjustment.

Convertibars do make one specific for a Guzzi and if enough people would be interested I could get a decent deal on those. Convertibars have an incredible adjustment range.

The cheaper solution might be LSL Offset Natch Clip-Ons but I don't know if 1.5" will be enough though its better then nothing.

The other pricey but very high end solution is Gilles VarioBars. Gilles doesn't make 54mm but could be custom machined/built. All one will need to do is to get Gilles VarioBar and get them drilled out to 54mm (biggest they got stock is 53mm) with maybe 100mm rise (4 inches). Their stock rises are 80mm (3.15 inches) but 100mm are available. I got them on my Aprilia Falco (80mm highest that could fit) and they have awesome adjustment range.

Vlads_Falco_010.jpg

Vlads_Falco_011.jpg

Thanks

Al

One thing to remember is the MPH kit comes with new brake & clutch hoses to complete the installation.

Factor in the price & trouble of making up lines yourself with the other products.

Guest TippyRacer
Here's a riser that's similar to the MPH one that might work:

8464-350x350.jpg

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3746/218/

8465-500x600.jpg

Those are awesome! While advertised and pictured for handlebars and not clip-ons, I have a question. Since these are for 7/8ths inch handlebars, and our clip-ons are 7/8", why couldn't you just use these like the MPH risers, and insert the bottom nub into the original clip-on ring, and then insert the original clip-ons into the upper section instead of handlebars?

I ask because my sole trepidation to ordering the MPH risers is that it will space my arms/hands out 2 inches further, and I'd rather not. These are offset (like I wish the MPH were) so the sum widening will be negligible.

TC

AHH but those only work if you don't have clip-ons, so they could be paired with the LSL risers but not installed on thier own to a sport. I'll keep an eye on those LSL ones but I kinda like my clipons and don't think I'll change them out anymore.

Why not?

They would install just like the MPH risers.

Remove the OEM bar from the OEM clamp. Install the riser into the OEM clamp. Install the OEM bar into the aftermarket riser.

Don't know which bars you have, but my Nero Corsa has clipons above the triple clamp. The bars are two piece, consisting of a short bar and a mounting clamp.

No reason I can see that these wouldn't work just fine on my Nero Corsa...

One advantage I see is that they would keep the bars narrower than what the MPH risers allow...

8464-350x350.jpg

226238980-M-0.jpg

Do you have some kind of 1-piece clipons, or something???

Since these are for 7/8ths inch handlebars, and our clip-ons are 7/8", why couldn't you just use these like the MPH risers, and insert the bottom nub into the original clip-on ring, and then insert the original clip-ons into the upper section instead of handlebars?

I ask because my sole trepidation to ordering the MPH risers is that it will space my arms/hands out 2 inches further, and I'd rather not. These are offset (like I wish the MPH were) so the sum widening will be negligible.

TC

My feelings exactly. These should mount up just fine and keep the bars narrow.

I've got to speak up about Jean Marc's product.

In my case I was able to bring the clip-ons up & back 5.5" without changing out the hoses. That is a bargin... Also very adjustable for over all width.

With the forward foot controls from another member and a good seat I can ride all day in comfort.

Great stuff!

:mg: