Another Option for Bar Risers?

OregonAl

Jean-Marc's risers look very nice, but unfortunately won't work for the early Sports with the clip on mounts below the top tree.

The Twisted Throttle pieces should be a bolt up, but I wonder how extended those already long risers may feed the vibration. Of course they might magically damp the vibes.

They say the pieces have two rotation points, but I can't see that. Anyone?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean-Marc's risers look very nice, but unfortunately won't work for the early Sports with the clip on mounts below the top tree.

The Twisted Throttle pieces should be a bolt up, but I wonder how extended those already long risers may feed the vibration. Of course they might magically damp the vibes.

Ahhh good to know, I was just noticing that, I was like wait a tick, mine mount under the triple. :huh:

ah well compared to a real sport bike its not that bad, I get it worse in the knees -_-

The two rotation points are at the handlebar (if using standard bar) and at the triple clamp.

The grey risers in the main picture are quite different than the ones shown mounted on the Honda. I wonder what they really look like? Excluding the caps the grey ones look be cast or forged with possibly a pressed in stub, while the silver ones look to be 1 piece machined items. I don't know if pressed stubs would be strong enough when used with a clipon bar. It's hard to tell much from the pictures. The text says CNC machined from billet so I'd guess that the ones shown on the Honda are what you'd get?

I posted those because it looks like it might work on for V11s, but since they seem to be designed for a standard bar I wonder if they are sturdy enough to survive even a soft tipover when used with a clipon? The MPH risers have a lot more material between the triple clamp and bar...

One advantage I see is that they would keep the bars narrower than what the MPH risers allow...

I have to admit, I'm liking the extra leverage of the wider placement of the MPH set up. Not a bad thing on a relatively slow steering bike.

Clamped below the triple tree, the early clip-ons are already on about a 75mm riser. It must have been perceived as part of the vibration complaints as they were later shortened and mounted above the triple tree.

IMG_4385.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
My feelings exactly. These should mount up just fine and keep the bars narrow.

It's been a couple of months now, has anyone tried these with Clip Ons? Can you report back? I have a V11 Sport and this looks like an interesting economical solution. But would be nice to hear from someone who has tried it.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep studying these options: :wacko:

Jean-Marc's product

Twisted Throttle risers

MPH

Verlicchi

ConvertiBARs

For one thing, how is the rise measured? I would like to compare my stock risers (shown above)to Jean-Marc's. Measured from the top-most margin of the fork mount to the top of the clip-on bar this is 65mm.

Jean-Marc says his add 45 mm, but that is relative to the later (above the triple clamp) clip-ons.

Can someone give a comparable measurement (top of the mount to top of the bar)?

The two rotation points are at the handlebar (if using standard bar) and at the triple clamp.

The grey risers in the main picture are quite different than the ones shown mounted on the Honda. I wonder what they really look like? Excluding the caps the grey ones look be cast or forged with possibly a pressed in stub, while the silver ones look to be 1 piece machined items. I don't know if pressed stubs would be strong enough when used with a clipon bar. It's hard to tell much from the pictures. The text says CNC machined from billet so I'd guess that the ones shown on the Honda are what you'd get?

I posted those because it looks like it might work on for V11s, but since they seem to be designed for a standard bar I wonder if they are sturdy enough to survive even a soft tipover when used with a clipon? The MPH risers have a lot more material between the triple clamp and bar...

Twisted Throttle has confirmed that the parts are fully machined (in Minnesota,USA). No pressed stud.

The finish is anodized gun metal gray.

I suppose I would try to paint them to get a better silver match for my Sport. I am concerned that the hydraulic cylinders will not clear well as the bar is raised. My Stucchi mount complicates things.

2 options for clip-ons are for sale in the classifieds at a pretty good price . Top clamp drilled with risers and spacers to clear the top of the fork tubes, also a set of infinetly adjustable Convertibars. Both provide a more comfortable seating position and the Convertibars allow the option of quick return to race mode all with the use of stock cables and lines. I completed a 2000 mi. road trip in relative comfort last summer and I know my old back could not have done it with the stock set-up.

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you might be interested in good Bar Risers I would like to offer you guys ConvertiBars. I always new they were good option but now I think they are an excellent choice. You might ask why such an upgrade of my qualification of these ConvertiBars and I have valid explanation.

Before this new ConvertiBars became available they were offered with set bar angles. In other words you were locked in into a specific bar angle during the purchase. You had to make up your mind and then you were stock with this bar angle. Now they have improved design that pretty much allows you a mutiangle adjustment in horizontal plane. As most of you aware (hopefully) this bars can go up as high as 3 inches (7.5 cm for Euro guys). That is a lot of adjustments.

Basically ConvertiBars have 2 oarts to them Base kit listed at $329.95 and enhanced Kit listed at $129.95. If anyone is up for a Group Buy I would need 10 takers

Base kit will be $299.95 and Enahced kit (brake and clutch lines) would be $115.95. No everyone will need enhanced kit based on your machine. ConvertiBars doesn't list Enahnced kit for Ballabio or Coppa but suggests it for LeMans.

So if you want to get on this group buy please add your name to the list

More

Here a link to ConvertiBars video

As some of you might be interested in good Bar Risers I would like to offer you guys ConvertiBars. I always new they were good option but now I think they are an excellent choice. You might ask why such an upgrade of my qualification of these ConvertiBars and I have valid explanation.

Before this new ConvertiBars became available they were offered with set bar angles. In other words you were locked in into a specific bar angle during the purchase. You had to make up your mind and then you were stock with this bar angle. Now they have improved design that pretty much allows you a mutiangle adjustment in horizontal plane. As most of you aware (hopefully) this bars can go up as high as 3 inches (7.5 cm for Euro guys). That is a lot of adjustments.

Basically ConvertiBars have 2 oarts to them Base kit listed at $329.95 and enhanced Kit listed at $129.95. If anyone is up for a Group Buy I would need 10 takers

Base kit will be $299.95 and Enahced kit (brake and clutch lines) would be $115.95. No everyone will need enhanced kit based on your machine. ConvertiBars doesn't list Enahnced kit for Ballabio or Coppa but suggests it for LeMans.

So if you want to get on this group buy please add your name to the list

1. Rob Atkinson (for '04 Sport Naked)

More

Here a link to ConvertiBars video

I liked what I saw on the video but I have the same concern for these as for other risers I have seen; namely that they ruin the aesthetics of the bike. Does anyone have good photos of convertibars on a lemans?

I liked what I saw on the video but I have the same concern for these as for other risers I have seen; namely that they ruin the aesthetics of the bike. Does anyone have good photos of convertibars on a lemans?

Did you see the pictures on the convertibar website here?