new girl in town

V11crazed

Hey Stu,

Glad you are lovin your new bike...what other bikes are collecting dust in your garage..? :o

Here's an official warm welcome to V11lemans...a great site for sure, learned a lot and can be entertaining at times. And yeah, you could pose as a shemale for awhile..that might get their attention... :P

Shemale "NOT"my riding buddys already give me heck when i shave my legs in the summer to ride my bi'cycle,most of them ride cruisers so i get to ride with them because it's not Jap Crap,they've given me a new name,Stuarti Sullvarni,as opposed to stuart sullivan.

My other rides are a 92 Suzuki GSX 1100 G,same inline four motor as the big GSXRs but tuned for torque and with shaft drive,sort of sport tourerish,it's a real rocket ship,scare the pants off my cruiser buds,did'nt sell well in North America but has quite a cult following now,i'm in there forum to,gsx1100g@yahoogroupes.com,good bunch of people.

They thought i'd gone over to the Dark side when i told them i was purchasing a Guzzi,my other ride is a 1982 Yamaha XJ 650RJ SECA,shaft drive also,it's being updated right now,always liked the VFR was something i wanted to own also,if i was J Leno i'd have one of everything,are you asleep yet,you take care.

Cheers Stu.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shemale "NOT"my riding buddys already give me heck when i shave my legs in the summer to ride my bi'cycle,most of them ride cruisers so i get to ride with them because it's not Jap Crap,they've given me a new name,Stuarti Sullvarni,as opposed to stuart sullivan.

My other rides are a 92 Suzuki GSX 1100 G,same inline four motor as the big GSXRs but tuned for torque and with shaft drive,sort of sport tourerish,it's a real rocket ship,scare the pants off my cruiser buds,did'nt sell well in North America but has quite a cult following now,i'm in there forum to,gsx1100g@yahoogroupes.com,good bunch of people.

They thought i'd gone over to the Dark side when i told them i was purchasing a Guzzi,my other ride is a 1982 Yamaha XJ 650RJ SECA,shaft drive also,it's being updated right now,always liked the VFR was something i wanted to own also,if i was J Leno i'd have one of everything,are you asleep yet,you take care.

Cheers Stu.

wow...cool bike...reminds me of mad max...if only it were black with some side-mounted death rays....:)

Love that you shave yer legs...I think cyclists have some of the best looking legs as far as sports goes. I've been cycling just about my whole life..used to race triathlons in college and after...got turned on to mountain biking in 1987 (yeah, way back then)....that's really my other 2-wheel obsession..... :wub:

The road riding in Canada must be wonderful!

wow...cool bike...reminds me of mad max...if only it were black with some side-mounted death rays....:)

Love that you shave yer legs...I think cyclists have some of the best looking legs as far as sports goes. I've been cycling just about my whole life..used to race triathlons in college and after...got turned on to mountain biking in 1987 (yeah, way back then)....that's really my other 2-wheel obsession..... :wub:

The road riding in Canada must be wonderful!

Delayed responce,Yes we have some wonderfull mountain vista's here in British Columbia,like your rocky mountain states,up here where i am we just went on a ride this long weekend to the coast to Prince Rupert 650 miles round trip,weather was good allthough a little cool going through the coastal mountains.

Had my first runin with the dreaded sidestand interlock thingy,after breakfast i came out to start LaGuzzi,"Nothing"having read about this situation on many forums that was the first thing i looked at.

I got down into the "Nitty Gritty" so to speak,and found that the bolt that compresses the pin in at the end of the interlock wireing was bent to sh^*,after trying to jump start it to no avail'i stripped the end of the wireing off and twisted the ends together and taped it,no more problems,but of course now i can pull away with the side stand down,i'll leave the rest to your imagination,just one more thing to remember before taking off,or down.

stu.

That is the factory recommended tire size?

So whats the reason for going down to a smaller size.

Stu.

I'm not sure what year it changed, but the "factory recommended tire size" for the V11S used to be 160/60 on a 4.5" wheel. I still run that size on mine, and have no intention on changing it. Then, Guzzi decided to jump on the "fat wheel" bandwagon, switched to a 5.5" wheel, and fatter tire, for no apparent reason other than looks.

Narrower wheels/tires are generally considered to handle better (less unsprung weight, less rotational mass (gyro), less flexation in the sidewalls, and quicker turn-in due to narrower tire profile). There are bikes out there that put out WAY more HP than a Guzzi that probably require a 180-section rear tire to maintain traction. IMHO, the Guzzi does not require this at all. :2c:

__Jason