Fender Eliminator Kit!

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on getting the first one!

I get their ads via e-mail and saw it on their list this morning. Looks very clean!

Does the LED tail light show up well enough though? I'm always worried about cargers not seeing me and getting rear ended.

Guys, Victor the sneaky little devil he is works for FBF, hence the "protoype" bit. I'm reconin' you won't hear much in terms of a comparo, much like the same for the x-over/dyno charts.

Victor, was hoping/counting on you for a bit of a follow-up on the x-over to no avail. Wait 'til I see you in person next time... you spammer you. :huh:

Todd@GuzziTech.com

GuzziTech.com

Yikes.... Todd takin' off the gloves :whistle:

:P

Looks nice Victor, although I too am not a big fan of LED tail-lights, especially on the flowing classic lines of the LeMans/Sport. LEDs look more at home on the angular Japanese bikes in my humble opinion.... ^_^

All I can say is that I know my fender eliminator was worth at least another 10hp though, and in combination with my yet to be installed K&N stickers.... we're talking almost 100RWHP! I love bolt-on power :xmas::not:

:grin:

BTW, I like a lot of these very lightweight aftermarket fender eliminators, but if you don't despise the stock tail-light, and want something a bit sturdier, you might want to check out the unit I got a year or so ago. I don't know if Kelly Baker is still making them, but you could check. He's got great customer service, and I recommend him highly.

Check out the FAQ section for more info.

Fender Eliminator FAQ

Here is a photo of mine installed. It's aluminum, powdercoated, and quite sturdy.... and keeps out the grime.

I've added FBF's eliminator to the FAQ as well.

__hr_Al_R_LeMans_Fender_Rear.jpg

... HA, I completely forgot what my bike looked like with the OEM mufflers. :P

BTW, that photo isn't the greatest. It makes it appear that the OEM tail-light sticks out a mile. It's the same depth/protrusion, but is moved up quite a bit, and of course the indicators are moved up and tucked-in by an inch or more.

Here are a couple better photos:

post_5_1056253563.jpg

No, I know Victor... well OK I met him once, so I was just messing with him, and the fact they he really does work for FBF.

Off topic, Al but what's the story with the Corbin on your bike as no such animal exists everyone is told.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

GuzziTech.com

*sigh* ....I'm just going to have put this in the FAQ section <_>

Al's Corbin Seat Advisory

^_^

al

P.S.

In regard to picking on Victor, well I know it's all in fun :P ... I've exchanged emails with Victor before and have nothing but the best regard for him, and FBF's products. However, with all due respect, to Victor; if one is going to promote a product on a forum like this, it is to one's advantage to follow up with the client base and their requests for more info. I am sure we all appreciate Victor's letting us know about FBF's new products, but there have been at least a couple cases where we have asked for more info only to receive little or no timely feedback... the case of the FBF x-over performance and later questions of durability comes to mind :huh2: I would only suggest that these product announcement fly-by's might be more successful if there were more depth and followup.

BTW, has FBF considered sponsoring the forum? It seems like a perfect target audience :thumbsup:

The fender chops look tough. But don't the bikes spray a big rooster tail on a wet street? Or has anyone chopped a fender outside of California?( Cuz, ya know, "it never rains in . . .")

In regard to picking on Victor, well I know it's all in fun  :P  ... I've exchanged emails with Victor before and have nothing but the best regard for him, and FBF's products.  However, with all due respect, to Victor; if one is going to promote a product on a forum like this, it is to one's advantage to follow up with the client base and their requests for more info... but there have been at least a couple cases where we have asked for more info only to receive little or no timely feedback... the case of the FBF x-over performance... I would only suggest that these product announcement fly-by's might be more successful if there were more depth and followup.

Al, hence my somewhat humerous, but very meaningful pot-shot. If you're an employee of FBF (nothing to be ashamed of for sure) you should let everyone know, and absolutely respond to questions asked... not just drop by to generate sales interest and be gone. Seems to be a reaccuring thing on boards lately.

Come'on Vic, step up bud... I know it's in you. ;)

$.02 T-Rx - Todd@GuzziTech.com

p.s. Thanks for the post on the Corbin seat.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

In all honesty, I try not to spam the board. Simply I'm trying to convey my ownership experience like anyone else here. I don't post links or anything like that. I'm simply posting what I've done to my bikes.

Fast By Ferracci will be a sponsor of this site as soon as I can get my uncooperative web guy to make a banner for me.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
Al, hence my somewhat humerous, but very meaningful pot-shot. If you're an employee of FBF (nothing to be ashamed of for sure) you should let everyone know, and absolutely respond to questions asked... not just drop by to generate sales interest and be gone. Seems to be a reaccuring thing on boards lately.

Come'on Vic, step up bud... I know it's in you. ;)

$.02 T-Rx - Todd@GuzziTech.com

p.s. Thanks for the post on the Corbin seat.

I do respond to every question that is asked of me. I have posted the dyno charts that have been requested, and I did post the picture of the X-Pipe when I had one available.

I have not been able to email the specific file type that you requested Todd because I don't really have access to the dyno computer. I have to ask one of the mechanics to get the file for me. Sometimes it's difficult because of the workload they have going back there.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
Sweet! How does it compare to the kit sold by Eviluzione? Also, what about dirt?

To tell you the truth, I haven't seen the one made by Evoluzione.