Fender Eliminator Kit!

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
Congrats on getting the first one!

I get their ads via e-mail and saw it on their list this morning. Looks very clean!

Does the LED tail light show up well enough though? I'm always worried about cargers not seeing me and getting rear ended.

The LED's are pretty bright especially when you hit the brakes. I'm little concerned with the amount of light that hits the lisence plate. I may try a white LED cluster pointing down on to it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
In regard to picking on Victor, well I know it's all in fun :P ... I've exchanged emails with Victor before and have nothing but the best regard for him, and FBF's products. However, with all due respect, to Victor; if one is going to promote a product on a forum like this, it is to one's advantage to follow up with the client base and their requests for more info. I am sure we all appreciate Victor's letting us know about FBF's new products, but there have been at least a couple cases where we have asked for more info only to receive little or no timely feedback... the case of the FBF x-over performance and later questions of durability comes to mind :huh2: I would only suggest that these product announcement fly-by's might be more successful if there were more depth and followup.

BTW, has FBF considered sponsoring the forum? It seems like a perfect target audience :thumbsup:

I really try to focus my posts as, "hey look what I did to my bike" not as spam. I have never mentioned any of the other products sell for Moto Guzzi's. I'm just trying to pass on my personal experiences on my bike. If I install someone else's product (like a Rich Maund seat), I would have every intention to make a post here. If anyone has a specific question about any FBF products, they can email me at work at victor@ferracci.com. Otherwise, I just want be a guy who loves his Le Mans.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
The fender chops look tough. But don't the bikes spray a big rooster tail on a wet street? Or has anyone chopped a fender outside of California?( Cuz, ya know, "it never rains in . . .")

I had a similar tail on my Ducati Monster and you get the signature line of dirt up your back. I haven't really ridden in the rain with the tail yet, but I'd bet you'll get some dirt.

Guest northend

Apparently none of you guy's run the sport bags on your bikes.Since I run the bags on mine 99% of the time, I cut my fender at the kick just below the license plate. It leaves enough of the fender but you dont see anything below the plate and shows off alot of tire. It's simple and looks good! I used the method i read in a cycle rag. Use a thin steel ruler and draw a line where you want to cut it off with a pencil. Put 3 strips of duct on top of each other ABOVE the line and cut with a hacksaw blade using the tape as a guide. I'll send some pictures when I figure out how ;) Later.........Jeff(Northend)

Pit Bull

I'm detecting a defensive tone in your posts after Todd's tweak. Forget about it man! I didn't know (Or I didn't remember. I am a drifty bastard at times.) you worked for FBF, but I DO envy you the job! I wish I had something more interesting to do for a living myself. Seats are a living, but after seven years I'm not doing much new or interesting work anymore. Just variations on proven themes.

Personally I like hearing about new products for our bikes. The market is so small, I see no reason that folks with stuff to market or share shouldn't speak up. After Todd got slammed by a bunch of hissy fit artists on the MG List for announcing his model specific PCIII's I actually gave up on that List for quite some time since the loud majority there was acting like Jackals instead of just riding them. (Pun intended. :lol: )

Don't hesitate to post here, I believe most of us want to read about FBF's developements!

I believe most of us want to read about FBF's developements!

You betcha!

I'd like to hear about any and all products for our bikes.

I got the FBF airbox kit and I am very satisfied with it.

Many have posted about Mike Rich's excellent porting and valve work, but we have heard little about FBF's work.

They offer a lighter higher compression piston, larger valves, porting, muffers, airbox kit, cross over, fender eliminator kit, and who knows what else.

Little has been said other than mention of the Moto-Euro bike, the airbox kit, the mufflers, and now the fender eliminator kit.

If anyone has tried these products it would be good to hear from you.

I have heard something bad about every crossover produced. The Mistrals crack, The Stucchis don't fit right, The FBF leak at the junctions, My Quat-D even appears to be cracking a little at the welds, but no apparent leak.

I think the Evoluzione kit looks great, but could confuse motorists, and possibly result in traffic citations.

The FBF kit is almost as slick, but a nice compromise.

I like my fender, I even wish it had a big Italian license plate, a mud flap, more reflectors, running lights and brake lights.

But I understand that is not for everyone.

I tried going quadrophenia with the mirrors but just got confused when looking into one of four mirrors :homer:

Pit Bull

I subscribe to Moto Euro magazine. Their last issue had an excellent article featuring a v11S project bike with FBF's performance mods poured into it. Wasn't it up to over 90 rear wheel horse power and still had great torque and drivability? Damned impressive work and great photos of the bike as well!

You could get permission to run the text of it here. You'd have a bunch of guys drooling to get to FBF's shop after that. I know I was that way afer reading it. :D

I think it'd be pretty cool to do a Guzzi performance shoot out. Get a bike prepped by FBF against a Todd Egan modified bike (With Mike Rich heads?) and then have some qualified club racer guys like Snuffy Smith and others do a comparo. Throw a stock bike in th emix as well. Publish the performance numbers, but more importantly have the riders write down their impressions of the bikes "feel" and crispness and handling. Numbers lie, but impressions can be shared by all. Drivability and feel count for more in my book than just peak HP.

For the last year I have been wishing I could afford a trip to FBF for their pistons and then a tuning link dyno session to personalize the mapping. If I don't have to use a credit card to get through Christmas like I did last year I may just be able to swing that in early Spring! If I do, I'd volunteer my bike for the comparo.

By the way, I spent a few hours on the phone with Todd Egan, a.k.a. Racer X, discussing PCIII's before I bought mine from him. After all the great info I got from him, as well as his sending me a PCIII pre-mapped for my bike's specific equipment, the $300 price of the item seemed pretty darned reasonable for what I got! The PCIII has been on the bike almost a year and works great. It's the single best performance accessory on the bike to date. The bike runs so much better now than it did new, it's not even funny. Todd really knows his stuff!

Aww.... to be wealthy and be better able to care for my toys! :mg:

I think it's great having a rep. from FBF as well as Todd on this board. Great resources!

Mods, Rockers, Quadrophenia... yep, pretty funny :P

But just to be clear in case there was any misunderstanding, especially on Victor's part, I didn't mean to come across as berating him as a vendor posting their product on the forum. I think we all love to see and hear about new products, especially for these bikes.... I know I do! :luigi: If it came across that way, my apologies ^_^

But I meant to simply suggest that along with these announcements, as much follow-up as possible and ongoing participation from any vendors would be much appreciated, and beneficial for all, especially for the vendor receiving feedback.

Anyway, as mentioned above by a couple folks, and suggest by yours-truly in the FBF x-over thread... I too would think it would be a great idea for the vendors or magazines to do fair side-by-side performance comparisons of some of these products. In the case of the x-overs, I know it would be fairly easy, and affordable. I know we'd all like to see where each x-over's sweet-spot lies, and then buy whichever one best fits our riding style, etc.

Bottom line: For any vendor, keep the product announcements coming, but just make sure to check back in every so often to get the feedback and answer a few questions.... and all will be good :thumbsup:

al

90 Horse Power?!

I want one now!I'd love to see that article too.I heard some mods only got about 85 HP.

I agree that drivabiliy is the key to any good hunk of iron we ride. :helmet:

I've ridden hopped up Harleys that I won't ride further than around the block.

Before any one made a fender elim. kit,I found a kit for a 916 Duc and put it on my Lemans.It's not as tucked in as much as Evolutions or FBF,but looks cool and doesn't get that streak of dirt up your back side.

On another note.I got back last Sunday from a four day, 1100 mile ride from my home in Asheville NC, to West Virginia and back.I rode with mostly beemer riders and another guy on a Lemans IV.The old horse did great.No problems at all, :rolleyes: and I think ,impressed some guys who weren't so keen on Moto Guzzis before. :)

PS did any one on this board win the Minstel mufflers on E-Bay?

I came in 20minutes too late to bid :(

J.R.

What bothers me the most in both fendereliminators, is that the turm signals used are way to big. They look like a pair of tennis balls. :vomit:

And the original guzzi rearlight is to big in my opinion.

But I might be biased, as I produce the ultimate fender eliminator:-).

The fbf thing might look a lot better with the micro kellerman's.

It's all about style.

+ Unpainted tail with led light and carbon underside

+ Licence plate holder

but not

- turn signals

- rear frame

- foot peg/ exhaust holders

I this correct?

yes

what is the VAT % in Holland?

how much is the weight of the kit? (thinking about shipping costs)

VAT= 19%

Weight: just call TLM and they will give you the total costs

Here's mine (again):

jaap5.jpg

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
:luigi: I'd like to see that article from Moto-Euro!

I'm sure my friends at Moto Euro can get that issue out to you. Just contact them at www.moto-euro.com. I'm trying to get a copy of the article to publish on the FBF website. I think the article is going to be published in a European based magazine also.

For the record, that bike was around 97hp. My LeMans has around 90 without the internal engine mods.