Fender Eliminator Kit!

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

On the leaky, cracking crossovers, I believe that the problem was with the California H-Pipe. I have seen some of those come back cracked. The problem with those will be corrected in the next batch. I haven't seen any returns as of yet on the V11 X-Pipe. I'm pushing 7,000 miles with mine with no leaks, cracks or errors so far! :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see some dyno-run printouts of both the project bike and your Lemans.

Seems like the FBF dyno is reading a little high. 90 hp without internal mods?

(maybe I'll ride down and stick the Rosso on there) :bike:

:luigi: I'd like to see that article from Moto-Euro!

I'm sure my friends at Moto Euro can get that issue out to you. Just contact them at www.moto-euro.com. I'm trying to get a copy of the article to publish on the FBF website. I think the article is going to be published in a European based magazine also.

For the record, that bike was around 97hp. My LeMans has around 90 without the internal engine mods.

Here are some details from that article:

They give credit to Ed Perry and Victor for bringing Guzzis to FBF (thank you gentlemen).

40mm stainless steel exhaust valve

47mm ss intake valve

"mild" porting

high domed pistons, each 28 grams lighter than stock and raising the compression from 9.5:1 to 11:1. Lighter and stronger wrist pins.

FBF air box conversion.

FBF carbon slip-ons.

FBF H-pipe crossover

PCIII and dynotuning by the living legend Eraldo Ferracci.

Stock the bike ran a best HP of 77.

After Modifications, 95HP.

Eraldo alledgedly claimed that using separate filters on the throttle bodies add an additional 7 or 8 HP.... I doubt it. I suspect that the 7 or 8 HP gain Eraldo was refering to is a gain over an unmodified airbox, and the article's author was mistaken.

Total price for all of the modifications and service which included more than the mentioned mods, $2811.63.

Other work included oil change, brake pads, head guard, and perhaps more stuff

My biggest concern would be the increased compression's effect on pinging.

Gentlemen,

Is there a fender eliminator compatible with a set of high pipes? I'll go back to 'dlaing's' thread on available exhaust, but . offhand , is there a good looking set of high mount pipes available?

Let me echo the hospitalty of this board toward all who will post useful experience here. We are rather in the minority, folks. Only by sticking together, sharing and supporting one another will we be able to enjoy these machines to their full potential. Thanks to each and all of you you for your generous participation. :bier:

I actually might think about Paul's rear fender kit, if I felt confident that someone could match the paint here. If anyone has a pointer to the exact formula for 2002 "Champagne" a paint shop here in the US could cross reference, I might think about it....

...oh, and Jaap, where did you get replacement "Le Mans" decals... TLM?

al

...oh, and Jaap, where did you get replacement "Le Mans" decals... TLM?

No, I had them made by a signmaker I work with regurlarly. I made an Adobe Illustrator/CorelDraw file and took it to him. He produced them with lacquer-proof vynil. Every color you want! I'll put the file in the Fileshare section

Here in the states, you could contact John Prusnek- I've had him make up some decals for my Eldorado. Not cheap if you want a one-off decal, but it was worth it for me.

I had him make this one (originally from a Gambaligno sp?)

Cheers,

Jason

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of it being molded in. Will result in less turn signal stalk breakage but it does look somewhat toyota corrolla-ish