No sport bike in Guzzi range marketing director says

1100sport

Recently I read on a greek magazine that Moto Guzzi plans to produce a new street legal superbike, based on the MGS01.

Last Fall, the Spanish magazine SoloMoto also reported on a possible sport bike called the Monza...

someone seems to be fanning these flames that keep popping up <_>

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Fall, the Spanish magazine SoloMoto also reported on a possible sport bike called the Monza...

i wonder if they didn't mix it all up with the newest Ghezzi-Brian, the Monza (bike of the month) ?

i wonder if they didn't mix it all up with the newest Ghezzi-Brian, the Monza (bike of the month) ?

My guess is it was this, the Monza TTR. I think it's a Guzzi project, no idea if it will reach the market.

monza.jpg

Well if you want a sporty ride from the current Guzzi range consider the Stelvio- I bought mine as a tourer but I have been very impressed by the speed and handling. Yes you can potter about in cruise mode but when you get on some fast twisties it feels like a giant supermoto, steering is very sweet and goes very fast (for a Guzzi) as you wind it on. In fact it is a bike you must respect when giving her a handful of revs because you know the front end will rise- you can feel it- very un-Guzzi like. Its taken me a few weeks to get used to her but now we have bonded and are in love. :wub:

I can't imagine whatever sports bike Guzzi bringing out being much faster on real roads unless they give it a tuned version of the new motor or save a shedload of weight.

Sounds ace with the Mistral can too.

MCN April 2 2008. The Mole reported that Guzzi stated in the facts and figures at the end of the financial year their intentions in the next financial year on focusing in on the 750 - 1400 cc market and the areas of naked bikes, cruisers, dual sports and sports bikes. Given that they have filled all those brackets bar one in bold, the mole speculates that they may well be going to go for the road going version of the MGS-01. Unfortunately the artical was brief.

MCN April 2 2008. The Mole reported that Guzzi stated in the facts and figures at the end of the financial year their intentions in the next financial year on focusing in on the 750 - 1400 cc market and the areas of naked bikes, cruisers, dual sports and sports bikes. Given that they have filled all those brackets bar one in bold, the mole speculates that they may well be going to go for the road going version of the MGS-01. Unfortunately the artical was brief.

I will believe it when I see it......

Guzzi have no "dual sport", either...

I think you will find thats the stelvio. Who ever believes anything they read in MCN

The Stelvio is no "dual sport"...

It's not even an "adventure tourer".

The Stelvio is no "dual sport"...

It's not even an "adventure tourer".

well what do you call it? I guess I would call it a motard or enduro, maybe not quite as purpose built as the qouta but it sure is a lot nicer looking, I think it'll do me great for my 90% on road 10% off I don't do any off road or dirt roads currently but I haven't the tool for it.

I have started saving money... :rolleyes::rolleyes: for the new sport bike...it is a matter of time...

COme on Guzzi give us a 110 true rear wheel horse power. Or more... :P

When the MGS-01 made its debut at the Seattle CycleWorld Show, I watched people stand at the display and admire that bike for awhile.

These people were young and old. There were those who were familiar with the brand and people who were not familiar with Guzzi.

This kind of profound acceptance must have been received throughout the globe.

I believe the MGS-01 is so good that it will still capture the same response even after so many years....including the young rider who is not familiar with Guzzi.

Reading through these pages of comments I hope the 1400 cc motor finds its way to a sport chassis with MGS-01 styling and then we can mod it to be a v11 Sport naked styled bike. The ultimate cafe.

"Sportsbike" - who cares what you classify it as....the street-legal MGS-02 will do just fine against the high-strung "supersports" where the road matters most.

I'm sure the video below is enough to motivate Guzzi engineers, especially if they know that the BMW engineers are the ones that convinced the BMW management to bring this bike to market.....

Building the HP2 didn't stop BMW from building their racebike.

http://ridethetorquecurve.blogspot.com/200...ideo-sound.html

c'mon Guzzi