V11 and this site fading ?

leafman60

Hey guys, with the demise of the V11, are we going to see these bikes and this website sorta fall by the wayside ??? All this technical advice is great but it is less and less applicable to new guzzi models. There will be some V11's around for quite a while but, as we gradually replace them with the new generation of Guzzi bikes, the V11 community will shrink or,

at least, not continue to grow. Should the newer models be integrated into this site in order to perpetuate the site's existence?

Should the newer models be integrated into this site in order to perpetuate the site's existence?

No, I'm sorry. I think the newer models have their own following and then you get a community within a community, which will ultimately end in a separation. So why bother? Of course everybody is welcome to join, also Breva, Norge, etc. owners, but it is a V11 site.

(And furthermore, I really don't like the new models... :) )

I suppose there is more than one way to skin a cat.

This is a wonderful site. Very focused. Lots of good info on the V11. I like it.

On the other hand, www.advrider.com started as a BMW GS site and over the past five or six years has expanded into a site with all kinds of members with all kinds of interests. In that time, it's gone from a few hundred members to about 60,000 members.

I suppose it depends on what Jaap wants to do with it.

I wish the site was more active, but with only a few thousand V11s in the world I suppose the traffic is not too bad!

this site should be here for us only, with our unsaleable brutal machines, firm belief in archaic mechanics and limited knowledge and intense doubts about new tech.

in 30 yrs time I will still be looking up here to read endless oil threads and global w.... banter :-)

and that will be with my trusted 30 yr old Mac! this dog can learn no more new tricks, his brain is full....

if anything, I think Jaap maybe could consider including the 90's models as these are not that far away from our bikes with many shared components.

NorgeGrisoBrevas belong to another world; a clean, functional and easy world but not our world.

* for us, with our unsaleable brutal machines, firm belief in archaic mechanics and limited knowledge and intense doubts about new tech*

:rolleyes: a fine new strap-line for the site :D

I think the site will only dwindle when the V11 becomes such a valuable collectors' item. :rolleyes:

Gone will be all the tire and suspension threads replaced by, "How thick of Glass to use on my Guzzi's Display Box?" :nerd:

:2c: I love the fact that this site is focused on the V11 spine frame bikes and I hope it continues this way. If it had to change I wouldn't mind the inclusion of older spineys, or even Tonti LeMans ( :wub: ), but please no cruisers.

I think "Leaf" was just expressing a concern that this valuable board might end up by the wayside as fewer of our bikes are around and should we morph into a hybrid of some sort to keep it going for years to come with lots of activity. We respect the owner of this site but I do understand Leaf's comments.

Bob

if anything, I think Jaap maybe could consider including the 90's models as these are not that far away from our bikes with many shared components.

At first I entered this forum with some hesitation but I have always felt welcome with my 1100 Sport.

I think "Leaf" was just expressing a concern that this valuable board might end up by the wayside as fewer of our bikes are around and should we morph into a hybrid of some sort to keep it going for years to come with lots of activity. We respect the owner of this site but I do understand Leaf's comments.

I think this site have yet to reach its second life, which may be even more active but with a change in focus. There are still many V11's out there with owners not having visited this forum at all - cause they haven't had the need to. But the less MG is supporting our models, the more we need each other. You V11 owners are spoiled compared to someone owning an 1100 Sport Corsa and needing model specific spares (not that there are many model specific parts on it). In 2015 when someone needs a replacement Öhlins fork or just look up what size hose clamp :P to use for the V11, he will really need this forum to locate it!

At first I entered this forum with some hesitation but I have always felt welcome with my 1100 Sport.

I think this site have yet to reach its second life, which may be even more active but with a change in focus. There are still many V11's out there with owners not having visited this forum at all - cause they haven't had the need to. But the less MG is supporting our models, the more we need each other. You V11 owners are spoiled compared to someone owning an 1100 Sport Corsa and needing model specific spares (not that there are many model specific parts on it). In 2015 when someone needs a replacement Öhlins fork or just look up what size hose clamp :P to use for the V11, he will really need this forum to locate it!

+100

There are already some other very good forums for the newer Guzzi Models.

The knowledge here is priceless.

NorgeGrisoBrevas belong to another world; a clean, functional and easy world but not our world.

Not a bad idea. I know I would like more conversation about the Daytona/Sport 1100/MGS-01.

I own a 1996 Carb'd Sport 1100 that lives in the garage next to my 2004 Nero Corsa.

Guest ratchethack
Hey I just got my V11! Don't leave me now!

Jack, despite the fact that due to our many sins (of which some o' us seem to be. . . uh, unrepentant :blush: ), we're all on Double Secret Probation until sometime in the next coupla blue moons, y'know. :lol:;) But you see, our Numero Uno Moderator actually likes this Forum. ;) I just know it -- otherwise he'd have pulled the plug years ago. :D

But let's face it, my friend. Along with our V11's, this here average membership ain't gettin' any younger. :oldgit:

That means we're gettin' crustier, crabbier, and less tolerant o' wot some o' us, (being a dedicated Road Geez, I have to consider myself well included) rightfully consider the rising damp and foul spectre of worldwide idiocracy.

post-1212-1207275269_thumb.jpg

I reckon we'll be hangin' in as long as we can wobble 'em around the bends without followin' the squids over the armco. ;)

-- Cdr. Hatchracket, Esq. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, www.advrider.com started as a BMW GS site and over the past five or six years has expanded into a site with all kinds of members with all kinds of interests. In that time, it's gone from a few hundred members to about 60,000 members.

I hope this site stays as is ,I bought my bike in large part because of this site. I have no interest in a 60k member community. It's nice to become familar with the color of the smaller group. The posts here of the well informed, the rantings of the delusional ,and the useless dribble of the novice dipstick (I may fall into the latter ) I find entertaining and informative. My first street bike was a monster and I was bored with it in a year. The V11 has so much potential to be what ever you want it to be. A sport crusier like mine or a hyabusa eater,(now lets not go there again)but any way I know I'll be tinkering with it for a few years and visiting this site on the journey before I tire of it. And you gotta just love the limited use of plastic. Stiff old dudes with bad knees and durable old bikes rule! :mg: