Pirelli Diablo Stradas

v50man

Got 'em on today. The biike is literally transformed! Mad confidence where there was once trepidation.

A HyperPro or Wilbers rear shock and I will be --------- IMMORTAL!

Got 'em on today. The biike is literally transformed! Mad confidence where there was once trepidation.

A HyperPro or Wilbers rear shock and I will be --------- IMMORTAL!

If not immortal, at least "inWINCE-uble!" [James Bond Goldeneye ref.] ;)

I just had a set of tires spooned on too. Conti Road Attacks. It's funny how you don't notice how much effort you're using to turn on old tires until you mount new ones. I installed Ballabio bars on the bike over the winter so the wider bars helped mask the amount of effort needed to heel her over. The big Guzzi turns in so quick now that I scared my self on the first fast corner. Feels good! :race:

I just had a set of tires spooned on too. Conti Road Attacks. It's funny how you don't notice how much effort you're using to turn on old tires until you mount new ones. I installed Ballabio bars on the bike over the winter so the wider bars helped mask the amount of effort needed to heel her over. The big Guzzi turns in so quick now that I scared my self on the first fast corner. Feels good! :race:

I'm trying the regular Diablos this time (from the Stradas) Made the move to the taller, narrower 170/60 rear. That and the lightweight Marvics and it practically turns by itself. Unfortunately, my schedule has been so cramped lately I've only been able to take a quick 10 mile ride the night I put them on. Feels really good though.

+1 on the Road Attacks. I put a set on my RT in the spring, my first Contis, I'm impressed.

I'm trying the regular Diablos this time (from the Stradas) Made the move to the taller, narrower 170/60 rear. That and the lightweight Marvics and it practically turns by itself. Unfortunately, my schedule has been so cramped lately I've only been able to take a quick 10 mile ride the night I put them on. Feels really good though.

I'll be interested to hear more Dan. I've run the Diablos and Diablo Corsas, and am looking for a longer wear street tire. Also considering moving to a 170.

Good news that Pirellis Diablo Strada's are OK with the bike!

Last week I had a set of the new Bridgestone BT016. In comparison to the Metzeler M3s the Bridgestone give me a lighter feeling. The front end became "lighter". Less effort is required to bent on curves. The grip is in high level. I tested them on track, dry and wet. No problem on wet. I could rely on. I need more testing in public roads (the greek public roads are glassy...).

I'll be interested to hear more Dan. I've run the Diablos and Diablo Corsas, and am looking for a longer wear street tire. Also considering moving to a 170.

The Stradas were great, incredible in the wet. I had about 3500 miles on them and still good tread and round profile. I didn't want to put used tires on the new Marvic wheels so I picked the Diablos. I hope I don't regret switching from the Stradas.

I'll write more after an extended ride with the 170.

I mounted Diablo Strada tires mid season last year and have about 5000 km on them now. At 5000km the rear tire has flattened somewhat, in the middle and the edges have some evidence of rubber balling up. The front tire appears as new, and shows no evidence of cupping.

From the Michelin Pilot Road tires mounted before, the difference in cornering grip was remarkable, as was wet braking grip. Turn-in was also notably easier.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that pretty much ANY appropriate new tire out performs ANY old tire, likely due at least as much to the new tire's unworn profile and tread as it is to "new or better" technology. YMMV

Good news that Pirellis Diablo Strada's are OK with the bike!

Last week I had a set of the new Bridgestone BT016. In comparison to the Metzeler M3s the Bridgestone give me a lighter feeling. The front end became "lighter". Less effort is required to bent on curves. The grip is in high level. I tested them on track, dry and wet. No problem on wet. I could rely on. I need more testing in public roads (the greek public roads are glassy...).

M3 is a sport tire, with very good grip but limited life for km/mile.... eaters.Last set I used gave me about 5000 km.

Now I am with the Diablo Strada which is a sport touring tire, and as other people say I agree that grip in wet and dry is good,

and after 5000km...I still have a tire.

Track days is a different thing, ...I didn't have any problem with the strada,...but depends how much you push the bike,...

maybe a real sport tire can give you more.

M3 is a sport tire, with very good grip but limited life for km/mile.... eaters.Last set I used gave me about 5000 km.

Now I am with the Diablo Strada which is a sport touring tire, and as other people say I agree that grip in wet and dry is good,

and after 5000km...I still have a tire.

Track days is a different thing, ...I didn't have any problem with the strada,...but depends how much you push the bike,...

maybe a real sport tire can give you more.

Yes, a real sport tyre (race-road tyres) obviously can give you more. More grip, probably more bent angle, better time..on track. I am just searching for a pair of tyres that could give me good results both on track and on public roads. Real race-road tyres (Metzeler Racetec, Pirelli dragon supercorsa, Bridgestone BT002) have many drawbacks on public roads (wet, longevity). I believe that Bridgstone BT016 belongs to the same category as the Metz M3 (sport tyres). Which means, good grip, longer life (in comparison to race-road tyres) and good grip on the wet (journeys..). Sport touring tyres (like Metzeler Roadtec Z6, Diablo Stradas etc) are really excellent tyres! Good grip, LONGEVITY and good performance on the wet, but not so good feeling and grip as the sport tyres (the price is the longevity, you can't have all). If I used the V11 only on public roads I would definetely prefer tyres such as Diablo stradas or Roadtec Z6s. Since I use the bike both on and out of track, sporty tyres like the ones I mentioned above are a very good solution!!

Metzeler M3 lasted for 6.500 km (including 6 track days). That's a good number!!

Now I will have to find out what the Bridgestones will give me...time will show..

Yes, a real sport tyre (race-road tyres) obviously can give you more. More grip, probably more bent angle, better time..on track. I am just searching for a pair of tyres that could give me good results both on track and on public roads. Real race-road tyres (Metzeler Racetec, Pirelli dragon supercorsa, Bridgestone BT002) have many drawbacks on public roads (wet, longevity). I believe that Bridgstone BT016 belongs to the same category as the Metz M3 (sport tyres). Which means, good grip, longer life (in comparison to race-road tyres) and good grip on the wet (journeys..). Sport touring tyres (like Metzeler Roadtec Z6, Diablo Stradas etc) are really excellent tyres! Good grip, LONGEVITY and good performance on the wet, but not so good feeling and grip as the sport tyres (the price is the longevity, you can't have all). If I used the V11 only on public roads I would definetely prefer tyres such as Diablo stradas or Roadtec Z6s. Since I use the bike both on and out of track, sporty tyres like the ones I mentioned above are a very good solution!!

Metzeler M3 lasted for 6.500 km (including 6 track days). That's a good number!!

Now I will have to find out what the Bridgestones will give me...time will show..

V11 Rosso Mandello

Brigestone/Metzeler in Spanish road=no grip, no track, changes them with 1000 kms :o -> mount the Pirelli Diablo Strada :D . Nowadays I mount the second couple(par) of tires Diablo Estrada and every time I am more satisfied.

I have had four or five different tires on my Sport (56,000 miles). I like the Diablo Strada. I have run the 'Corse' as a front and got about half the miles.

Still, I want the front to stick. It is OK for me to change the tires with the plugs (4000-6000).

To me, harder tires (with higher pressures to get more miles), means sliding into a 3-series sedan on an uphill decreasing radius right turn. :o

The 'Stradas' feel good; I gave the Pilot Roads away . . .

I like Michelin 2CT's - grip on a good surface just isn't an issue + sharp steering, uniform wear & good feedback. But, like said above, they're a sports tyre & wear ridiculously quick - everytime I go out I have to check if there's enough tyre to get back...I think of going back to longer wearing tyre, but once you've had the stick, it's hard to give it up...

KB :sun:

I like Michelin 2CT's - grip on a good surface just isn't an issue + sharp steering, uniform wear & good feedback. But, like said above, they're a sports tyre & wear ridiculously quick - everytime I go out I have to check if there's enough tyre to get back...I think of going back to longer wearing tyre, but once you've had the stick, it's hard to give it up...

KB :sun:

I totally agree. Unfortunately we can't have all! Sticky tyres wear quicker, longer wearing tyres last much more, but they don't give you the same felling in grip.

In conclusion, I believe that if the public roads are good, and not glassy, longer wearing tyres are a very good option.