V11Sport fairings and windscreens.

Dirtybill

Bill,

I don't know if the plastic is available at shops- I got the whole kaboodle from a beemer shop. It blocks wind pretty effectively from my neck down. My head is still exposed, but it's pretty clean air. You don't want to sit up at 90+ mph for extended periods, but I'm pretty comfy at 75.

I got a replacement shield from Gustaffson- 4 inches higher than stock. I installed it and hated it. It felt real turbulent around my head. I promised to send it to Joe, but I've been slow, and now it sounds like he doesn't need it. Joe, you still want it? I wonder if a flipup 'wing' on the trailing edge of the screen would work to kick the wind over one's head (I'm thinking like the 'rabid transit' fairings).

Cheers,

Jason

I have a Daytona RS fairing and the front fairing sub-frame I was going to use on my V11 Sport TT. Then I discovered that my particular V11 Sport is one of those that do not have the fairing attachment lugs on the steering head. So I put that project on hold. Then I wrecked the bike - mildly, but the damage estimate is nearly $6000 at the local Buell shop, of which only about $600 is labor, so it will probably get the totalled tag (along with a salvage title). I'm hoping to fix the bike and not go the totalled route, otherwise, it will probably donate drivetrain and rear end to my Bugswatter. At this point, I'm not certain what I'll be doing with the Daytona RS fairing and the mount.

JTR. Thanks for the renewed offer. If I were sure of what I intended to do I would still want it, however I am torn in a thousand different directions...including leaving the Sport bone stock w/ stucchi fairing..it is just too beautiful. Bizarrly enough I also acquired a Triumph Speed3 dual headlight bracket which I intended to mount on the Sport, just dunno :huh2:

BTW Jaap. I also liked the LM1 fairing (make that now 1001 directions), but I thought Mike Stewart tried to mount one to his Sport but wasnt able to because of instrument clearance problems.

:rasta: Joe

• 11 years later...

How about this LM1 style fairing from InTeam Germany?

v11rot19.jpg

InTeam Site

That looks pretty nice, you know pricing for it?? Link is down I'm afraid..

This is a twelve year old thread. InTeam isn't in business anymore.

Sorry about that.. 12 years golly! To think I have just been in the forum a few months..

It's a shame, looks really nice, very like the LM1 but with a touch of retro. Well, I'm sure another cool fairing will pop up!

That reminds me. InTeam still ows me such a fairing!

Sent from a clever thingy with a microprocessor and an interweb connection

Been trying to find some info on the company see if I can get my hands on one of those fairings but no luck.. You say you bought one and it never arrived?..

I'll do a little more investigation see if something turns up.

That reminds me. InTeam still ows me such a fairing!

Sent from a clever thingy with a microprocessor and an interweb connection

Been trying to find some info on the company see if I can get my hands on one of those fairings but no luck.. You say you bought one and it never arrived?..

I'll do a little more investigation see if something turns up.

Ok found some info on the Company:

InTeam Motorradladen InTeam Motorradladen

Ansbacherstrasse 70

91572 Bechhofen

Tel: 09822 323

Montag Ruhetag, Dienstag bis Freitag 9:00 - 12:00 Uhr und 13:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Samstag 9:00 - 12:00 Uhr und 13:00 - 15:00 Uhr

Dieser Händler hat sich sehr um die Centauro/Daytona-Baureihe gekümmert. Auch sind bei ihm immer gebrauchte Teile zu erhalten.

Don't know if this will be useful or not..

has anyone taken a classic universal fairing kit and worked it on a Sport?

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagefairingsquarter.htm

Good link man, has all sorts of models.

Air Tech has all kinds of fairings and bikinis.  

I saw a couple of full kits for the 8in headlight.   

If you get the bare fairing, they can give you the contact for the matching windshield from Guftasson.  

http://www.bikescreen.com/