V11 Le Mans Center Stand Kit

biesel

Yea, that is a pretty crazy price, but I think you hit it on the head...it's just a 'must have' rarity item... I wouldn't mind trying one out (I like the look of bikes parked on centerstands), but I think I am just going to research the best workshop stand to buy instead.

this one no contest!

http://www.becker-technik.de/Central-Lifter/Central-Lifterenglisch/body_central-lifterenglisch.html

• Like 1

Nice...

the standard MG workshop stand has hooks that are just a wee bit too far apart for the flanged nuts that sit on them and you have to make sure it's bang on centre before lifting: I had it slip off to one side one day and I'm still not quite sure how it failed to damage me as I tried to hold it, the bike itself or the other contents of the garage.

Taught me to take greater care in future anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a V11 center stand for sale at Valley Moto Guzzi in Chilliwack ... the list price is high but I know he's going to put a bunch of Guzzi stuff on sale soon.

Send me a PM and I'll pass a message along to Gord if anyone is interested. He has some other accessories as well.

• 1 month later...

I got an '04 LeMans in November, and have been looking for a centerstand ever since. Two Guzzi dealers told me they aren't offered, and the info on this and other websites is generally old posts. This search has been going on by other V11 owners for years.

However I did take a look at the Becker Technik website, and I liked that stand for changing tires and oil and whatnot. So I went to order one, and the United States was not one of the countries in the selection menu on the order form. I wrote an email to Simon Becker, and he replied that he doesn't sell to the US or Canada because they require product liability insurance that is too expensive for him.

Well, I wrote back that there's more than one way to skin a cat. How about if I order it and have it sent to a friend in Germany, and then he forwards it on to me? Simon had no problem with that, so that's what we did. The charge for the "Central-Lifter" model, which fits Moto Guzzis, was 81.50 euros, which was $114 and change after PayPal threw in a charge or two.

My buddy in Westphalia received the package in two days. And I got it in NC about a week later, last Thursday. Friday I bought the required two 1/2" drive 18mm sockets, and this weekend I hiked it up and put on a set of PR2s. Becker%20Technik%203-L.jpg

Becker%20Technik%202-L.jpg

Becker%20Technik%201-L.jpg

The last pic was after I took the bike down off the stand, but with the stand still attached. It's really handy. You can put it on and have the bike in the air in less than a minute.

I'm still keeping an eye peeled for a permanent centerstand, but this is OK in the meantime.