election

macguzzi

You gents should have met up with Mal, myself and Macguzzi this weekend- Mal and I were on a stag do and we met up with Euan for a couple of pints. Maybe next time.

A Scot and a couple of Tykes on a night out - who the hell bought the beer? :huh2:

Bet the bog was full when the glasses were empty :D:D:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke my nose surfing huntington beach in LA on Saturday. That's much more interesting.

And painful. :huh:

Get lost or something ferg? Awful long drive to do a little surfing.

Broken nose is painful but not as bad as what the sharks that smelled the blood could do!

Dennis

There's no place for politics on a motorcycle forum!

Why not? Isn't this a virtual cafe?If we met up at a local bike night we couldn't discuss politics because it was a bike gathering?As long as everyone is respectful and no one gets personal ,I feel 24/7 is the correct place to chat.I see way too many tech topics here that should be in the tech section,but don't feel a need to request that they be removed.

Most of us are lucky enough to live in societies with free speech.Would be a shame if this forum was not one of those places.

Hey ben, don't worry about it. You are not alone. I'd bet 90% of us haven't a clue either and could care less. The world revolves around the USA, right?

All americans should be required to stand back and see how we look to the rest of the world.

With yesterdays election, the scene has improved slightly.

Dennis

It's probably not a question u should ask, lets just keep politics off the forum along with the mine's better than yours perspective <_>

Better get my :2c: worth in before she gets locked down. The only change for me will be much higher taxes and restocking the gun safe over the next few months with more fire arms, magazines, and ammo. I'm afraid the Dems have the power to really attack gun owners and our ability to buy more firearms after the Messiah takes office along with his majority in Congress..

Better get my :2c: worth in before she gets locked down. The only change for me will be much higher taxes and restocking the gun safe over the next few months with more fire arms, magazines, and ammo. I'm afraid the Dems have the power to really attack gun owners and our ability to buy more firearms after the Messiah takes office along with his majority in Congress..

All right I'll bite :lol::D:D:lol:

So 'oke who are you going to kill with your newly restocked arsenal of weaponry now that Obama is President elect? :o

(edit - could I have got this wrong, could this just be like we buy extra fuel before the price goes up - if so I am truly sorry - I would like to know)

Enquiring minds and all that :nerd:

We're in for a nasty, nasty ride gents, whoever got elected preznit.

62 trillion gone a missing in "credit default swaps". The all new and groovy "financial instrument" that could operate

outside nasty SEC "regulations" thanks to the "Financial Markets Modernization Act." It seems the Wall Street financial

markets were hurting in 1999 ( !!!????...yea, right) and had to get rid of the Glass Stegall Act that

protected us from speculators in the banking industry since the The Great Depression.

Kinda hard to fit that on a bumper sticker. Follow the money. Forget the name calling.

62 trillion is more than the entire world GDP.

We had better hang together or we shall all hang separately...

Yup! I bought a gun on election day before they are outlawed and added to the ammo collection. Rumor has it the new administration will come after ammo and make it so expensive with special taxes that it will be just to expensive to buy. The selection of Rom Emanuel aka "the thug' dosen't look to promising for a center governence.

We're in for a nasty, nasty ride gents, whoever got elected preznit.

62 trillion gone a missing in "credit default swaps". The all new and groovy "financial instrument" that could operate

outside nasty SEC "regulations" thanks to the "Financial Markets Modernization Act." It seems the Wall Street financial

markets were hurting in 1999 ( !!!????...yea, right) and had to get rid of the Glass Stegall Act that

protected us from speculators in the banking industry since the The Great Depression.

Kinda hard to fit that on a bumper sticker. Follow the money. Forget the name calling.

62 trillion is more than the entire world GDP.

We had better hang together or we shall all hang separately...

Shamelessly lifted from the Flat Track forum and I believe pertinant

Quote of the Week

(1). 'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

(2). "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families.

That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."

Andrew Jackson to a delegation of bankers - 1832

The last president to eliminate the Debt of the USA.

(3). "All the perplexities, confusions, and distresses in America arise, not from defects in the Constitution or confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, as much as from downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation."

~ John Adams In a letter to Thomas Jefferson

America better wake up before it's too late: hell it's probably already too late.

RayP #11n

Yup! I bought a gun on election day before they are outlawed and added to the ammo collection. Rumor has it the new administration will come after ammo and make it so expensive with special taxes that it will be just to expensive to buy. The selection of Rom Emanuel aka "the thug' dosen't look to promising for a center governence.

All right I'll bite (again, what a sucker :P )

Is this purely a 'sporting' weapon or is there another purpose?

Is it likely that the weapon and ammunition will have to be handed back?

Enquiring minds and all that

I have to come in here on the banking crisis my own theory pertenant to the UK is the government would have been cheaper to give each adult in the UK £250,000.00 each with the rider that they paid their debts off, thus stimulating both the economy and the banking system. As the majority of personal debt in the UK is morgage related the banks would have suddenly been cash rich. This would have cost the UK tax payer far less. It's a bit like my off the wall suggestion that we should buy Moto Guzzi. Time our politicians thought outside the box and stopped supporting corrupt banks. Please keep this thread clean with no insults we can have adult discussions about this worse is still to come ( thats the economy) and lay off the gun chat it just upsets people.

I have to come in here on the banking crisis my own theory pertenant to the UK is the government would have been cheaper to give each adult in the UK £250,000.00 each with the rider that they paid their debts off, thus stimulating both the economy and the banking system. As the majority of personal debt in the UK is morgage related the banks would have suddenly been cash rich. This would have cost the UK tax payer far less. It's a bit like my off the wall suggestion that we should buy Moto Guzzi. Time our politicians thought outside the box and stopped supporting corrupt banks. Please keep this thread clean with no insults we can have adult discussions about this worse is still to come ( thats the economy) and lay off the gun chat it just upsets people.

So Mac thats some eleven and a quarter trillion pounds if there are circa 45 million adults in the uk - I'm not sure if that is a left wing or right wing solution ^_^

Sorry about the gun questions but it would be nice to see where folk are coming from. :nerd: The lads do seem to be putting some sort of message out but I'm not sure what it is.