Rosso Corsa register

Guzzirider

In response to popular demand I am starting a Rosso Corsa register, so we can get an idea of how many bikes were made, and which countries they ended up in.

Everyone who knows anything about bikes knows that the Rosso Corsa is the ultimate edition of the V11, with proper Swedish suspension (not like the cheap and nasty stuff they fitted to the Tenni and Rosso Mandello), and proper clip ons unlike the effeminate high rise bars of the Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia (Grandma has a bad back so she needs high bars!). There are even rumours that the Rosso Corsa had a slightly higher compression motor.

And obviously red is the colour you need on an Italian bike- anything else (black or green for example) is simply wrong.

So let me know who you are, where you are, year of bike and your frame number. Feel free to post a pic too!

I'll start with mine:

Guy Lewis

England

2003 (registered in 2004)

ZGUKTA0103M211228

V11004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just brought home *1212 today - a 2003 registered in 2004. I'm now the second owner. PO put in hi-comp pistons, PCIII and a Ferraci exhaust/airbox system. Mechanically she seems well taken care of. I enjoyed the ride home. She shows her 18K miles here and there, though, so I will need to spruce her up some.

First Guzzi.

As purchased pics -

DSC00568-XL.jpg

DSC00569-XL.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's time this thread moves up the list a little bit. I just purchased this 03 it has all of 2500 km on it, I have never owned a bike that pulls on my heartstrings like this one. Cherry Blossom (groan) as my wife calls it, the name will probably stick now (groan groan) will now reside along side it's Austrian cousin a KTM 990 Adventure in British Columbia Canada and hopefully will have 10 times that many miles on her in the next year or so.

Anyone know how many of these bikes were made I looked for one for a few years before I found this one

Apologies for having it in the truck but I just picked it up on the weekend and have had no time to get it plated.

PickupApril92010.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Hey devildog........ sounds like I am in your shoes only a little later down the road......... great pics by the way :thumbsup: I have been snooping around for a prestine low milage Rosso fo a while now...... no luck so far.

If per chance you find your self cruising in the Vancouver area.... let me know...... and of course let me know if you hear of a Rosso that may be coaxed from its present owner :food:

I think it's time this thread moves up the list a little bit. I just purchased this 03 it has all of 2500 km on it, I have never owned a bike that pulls on my heartstrings like this one. Cherry Blossom (groan) as my wife calls it, the name will probably stick now (groan groan) will now reside along side it's Austrian cousin a KTM 990 Adventure in British Columbia Canada and hopefully will have 10 times that many miles on her in the next year or so.

Anyone know how many of these bikes were made I looked for one for a few years before I found this one

Apologies for having it in the truck but I just picked it up on the weekend and have had no time to get it plated.

Hey devildog........ sounds like I am in your shoes only a little later down the road......... great pics by the way :thumbsup: I have been snooping around for a prestine low milage Rosso fo a while now...... no luck so far.

If per chance you find your self cruising in the Vancouver area.... let me know...... and of course let me know if you hear of a Rosso that may be coaxed from its present owner :food:

I get down around the coast most years,I love heading down US HWY 20 them popping back up to catch Hwy 8 and 6 back to the kootenays, generally hang around the West Kootenays most of the season or you can always find me

here www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,70095.0.html we have a few MG's show up every year, another enthusiasts would be great.

• 1 year later...

SO HOW MANY ROSSAS WERE PRODUCED ? Are they really that rare ? How many are still around ?

Seems like a lot. I heard of about 3 in the Albany NY area alone but have only seen one, mine. Hal Wiley has one but he moved to Tennessee recently.

Bought my Rossa in Jan 2013 on my birthday. Found it at a local BMW dealer. Here are some pics:

2003lemansrosaacorsa%2520008.jpg

2003lemansrosaacorsa%2520004.jpg

2003lemansrosaacorsa%2520003.jpg

• 5 months later...

I suppose you should add me to the list as a recent  RC owner although I will have to wait until May 2014 to go and fetch her from Arizona (it's killing me to wait that long) but the fly and ride will be worth it ! If I've read the thread correctly I will be the third RC in the Calgary area but the first and only in Cochrane Alberta. Cheers to all  Marty :mg:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well made it back from Phoenix. "Rosa" tracks like a dream,well planted and the Brembos work very well! Thanks to a local rancher in Montana testing them for me. I managed about 2100 miles in 5 days. This one's a keeper! Once I get Provincially certified and plated I'll be  exploring some old familiar roads. Love this bike! :race:  

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Creetings from Finland.

Just bought Rosso Corsa a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to drive a lot, because of cold weather. Still some snow on the ground. What a beautiful machine! Now I have two bikes beyond my wildest dreams; Griso 850 and Le Mans.

There are just two Rosso Corsas in Finland.

I wish sunny days for all of you,

Best regards

LarslemansAweb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...