Shoot me, I'm guilty

Admin Jaap

Hi Jaap,

congratulations with your new bike. Am I jealous? Noooooo..... Well, just a little.

Having seen one in the flesh makes a difference and I like it a lot. When you furthermore have a major discount then there's no excuse.

Hope to see you in Northern Ireland at the V11 Rally on your new bike.

Cheers

Søren

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat's on the new bike Jaap! How long before the Sport becomes Moneypit part II? :D Have you placed your order for an exhaust and Ohlins rear shock yet? The MG videos of the Sport with the factory race kit were impressive (hint hint)...

am I going to be the only person on a V11 at the Irish rally, think I'll come on my V7 sport as the grandaddy of them all! ( thats the bike not me I'm not a grandad yet)

Well, these are Modern Days that we're living in.

281200_f260.jpg:wub:

There are 2 things that I'm thinking of banning:

• cranky, antiquated V.11s

• cranky, antiquated Scotsmen.

Old%20Scotsman.jpg

When the two are combined, it certainly is a curiosity.

Perhaps there can be a barn out the back for those old yokes.

cranky.jpg

-_-

• 2 weeks later...

Picked the bike up yesterday in my van and now it's waiting for the salt on the roads to disappear and the temperature to go up...

As I bought the 1200 Sport for touring purposes I tried to mount my Oxford saddle bags. Fit w/o a problem, with the velcro straps under the saddle...

No hard cases for me.

1628805_1_2_2.jpg

I went to the 1200 Sport forum link, where I was finally able to read Bike's January '08 test of the 1200. They weren't too keen on it (they rarely are where Guzzi's are concerned), but I thought the data was interesting. Compared to the magazine's early tests of V-11 and Lemans variations, the 1200 makes the same horsepower, and is slower in the quarter mile and in top speed. Where's the progress?

I still want to know how the guys in the factory video for the 1200 Sport release were able to do those power wheelies....

Where's the progress?

The progress is in the much better gearbox, the smoother FI, the better handling, the more comfortable ride, the less rear drive reaction, the excellent seating position.

OK, I'm a bit biased, but I've ridden both and experienced the difference.

1200 Sport is nice

Griso is nicer :P

Pete

If you like a frog on wheels... :D

ivkztTi3mmfND7JhSt.jpg