American vs. Italian TV Talk Show Hostesses

Guest ratchethack

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack

No prob, Jaap.

Historically, some of the most um, explicit replies to my posts here have come from those who haven't read them. . . ;)

. . . And so it goes . . . :huh2:

I really do not mean to be insulting, Ratch. Please believe that. I say all the following out of genuine respect. You clearly are a fine thinker, and you have a well-thought-out world view that you defend with flair and gusto. All of that is far more than most can boast of. That said, your writing is filled with so many parenthetical elements that it sets my eyes to spinning. It is just my humble opinion, but I think if you simplify your writing style to eschew the parenthetical, you will be more accurately read and found more convincing. Please, none of you mock based on this. It is not meant to be so.

viva the revolution!!!! by the way do you only have demorcrats or repulicans or do u have independants, if you only have the 2 and don't like either what then . not really very democratic. We have 2 main partys like u but also independants and minor parties now if only the majority would think before they just vote for whoever dad did. :lol:

AMEN to that bro :thumbsup:

At least a pleasurable hijack.

Sophia.... an all time favorite. There were some young topless shots of her here somewhere. Was it in the beginning of Hooters?

I guess I'll take on the grueling assignment of finding them. Somebody has to do it.

At least a pleasurable hijack.

Sophia.... an all time favorite. There were some young topless shots of her here somewhere. Was it in the beginning of Hooters?

I guess I'll take on the grueling assignment of finding them. Somebody has to do it.

:thumbsup: A man's got to do........

Guest ratchethack
I really do not mean to be insulting, Ratch. Please believe that. I say all the following out of genuine respect. You clearly are a fine thinker, and you have a well-thought-out world view that you defend with flair and gusto. All of that is far more than most can boast of. That said, your writing is filled with so many parenthetical elements that it sets my eyes to spinning. It is just my humble opinion, but I think if you simplify your writing style to eschew the parenthetical, you will be more accurately read and found more convincing. Please, none of you mock based on this. It is not meant to be so.

Eschew the parenthetical. I like it, Greg. Point well made, and humbly well taken. -_-

Well, I've never considered myself much of a "writer", and never had any such aspirations. But I always eagerly welcome the critical analysis of a Pro with open arms and open mind. In your case, being a well published author as well as a considerably well expressed Forum contributor carries formidable heft, and I sincerely appreciate your opinion -- and your comments.

Confession time: Among several notable others, I made the mistake of reading too much William Faulkner as a lad. I was immediately drawn to his inclinations toward eschewing convention of all description, his lack of use of the parenthetical notwithstanding (the parenthetical being purely my own, you see ;) ), but you may otherwise be able to see the unmistakable influence? It seems that I never quite recovered. . . :o Damn! I did it again. . . old habits. . . (well, you know) . . . Damn! . . . :homer:

OK -- off to see if I might eschew the parenthetical somewhere else! ;)

Eschew the parenthetical. I like it, Greg. Point well made, and humbly well taken. -_-

Well, I've never considered myself much of a "writer", and never had any such aspirations. But I always eagerly welcome the critical analysis of a Pro with open arms and open mind. In your case, being a well published author as well as a considerably well expressed Forum contributor carries formidable heft, and I sincerely appreciate your opinion -- and your comments.

Confession time: Among several notable others, I made the mistake of reading too much William Faulkner as a lad. I was immediately drawn to his inclinations toward eschewing convention of all description, his lack of use of the parenthetical notwithstanding (the parenthetical being purely my own, you see ;) ), but you may otherwise be able to see the unmistakable influence? It seems that I never quite recovered. . . :o Damn! I did it again. . . old habits. . . (well, you know) . . . Damn! . . . :homer:

OK -- off to see if I might eschew the parenthetical somewhere else! ;)

It's not on y' know. <_>

This is a pathetic attempt to raise the tone of this thread by inserting a discussion on a writing style that is to some reminiscent of a snake oil salesman :lol:

Please can we get back to the comparison of the physical attributes of two 'hostesses' carefully selected from tv shows in the US and Italy :thumbsup: