Other models

Admin Jaap

Other models  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Does this forum need a separate section on the newer models

• Yes, please
    • No, it's strictly V11
    • I don't care

Seems to me that as long as they are posted correctly (24/7, etc..) there is plenty of room for topics on different models. Particularly the 'hooters' thread models. :D

My vote was I don't care. After thinking about it, it is a good idea. Any of these different bikes with characteristics exclusive to them, the owners would be able to have their own area for discussion. Also they could disuss modifications and accessories for their bikes, e.g Griso, Norge, Breva, etc...

My vote was I don't care. After thinking about it, it is a good idea. Any of these different bikes with characteristics exclusive to them, the owners would be able to have their own area for discussion. Also they could disuss modifications and accessories for their bikes, e.g Griso, Norge, Breva, etc...

+100

I'm always interested in hearing about how well the new ones perform. It seems like a lot of the long term members here are getting a new Goose & this forum is a good place to discuss the sportier versions of the Guzzi. I'm in the all for it column.

Plenty of people own Guzzis that have been developed since the V11. More and more members of this Board will become users of these recent and contemporary models. The models may be slightly different: the spirit of ownership / the ride/ identification with the marque is the same.

One of the lovable and valued features of Guzzi is the family resemblance, the continuity of design and character from year to year, model to model, even decade to decade. Compared with a V.11, the drivetrain in a Griso or 1200 Sport is not unrecognizable.

Many V.11 topics have been covered by now and queries are often recycled. Is it not of interest to everyone to see some new topics and to track developments? Even if members are not current owners, the discussions may help inform future actions (purchases) as well as add to general knowledge and interest. I think that it benefits the Board and its members to have a contemporary section – just as we don't want Moto Guzzi itself to be frozen in the past.

This is the best Board / Web Forum that I have come across and I would prefer to mainly support my continuity of Guzzi ownership here, along with maintaining the established people-contacts.

This would of course remain a V11 Board / Web Forum. It only needs to have one catch-all Forum / Section on the Board for the post-V11 models, not different ones for each variant.

[if people think that there really isn't room for one more Forum / Section / Sub-Section, the answer is simple, a current Forum could be upgraded / converted.... and here's a hint: 'the Tenni Forum' :P ]

(Edited to add the different descriptions that are used here, as 'Forum', 'Sub-Forum', 'Section' are used in different posts to describing the 'category Section/Forum' and most people are using 'Forum' to describe the whole site.)

There have been some requests for a separate forum section for the newer models, like the Griso, Breva, Norge and 1200 Sport. What do you think?

A up all, if we all ride guzzi,s and keep the good name going what difference does it make, and don,t forget we are all

motorcyclists at heart no matter what we ride.

I would be in favour of a separate section (in the existing forum?). I agree that we are all one big Guzzi family, but when I am looking for information on the V11, I prefer not to be distracted by information on other models.

I think the new models have a lot more in common with the spineys than they do w/ the Tontis. I mean, they're still offshoots of Dr. John's influence [single & dual spine frames.]

Ride on!

I'm OK with a sub forum here for the new Guzzis as well as some of the older bikes. It seems like there are plenty of web sites where the Tonti and loop frame owners can go for model specific advice, but the 2 valve Sport owners don't seem to have much of a home that I'm aware of. Also, I'd hate to see some of the regulars, including the boss here ;) , drift away after buying a newer Guzzi.

There are already dedicated sections over at Guzzitech.com. Unfortunately the Nuovo Hi-Cam model fora have seemed to have been taken over by 'Noisy Morons.com' which is a shame but I suppose its what you'd expect when a new model has a couple of problems, personally I'm so nearly 'Over It' that I'm thinking of pulling the pin. If I want my inteligence insulted I can go down the pub here and have it done for nothing :lol:

If Jaap wants to put up an 'New Bike' section though? Fine by me...

Pete