just a ramble really

donsgone

On the other thread, I'm not much on trains but I'd take just about any WWII fighter over a modern plane. My first choice would be a P38 but a Spitfire, BF109, Zero, or about anything else would be more fun then a jet.

Me, I've always been a fan of DeHavillands: DH98 Mosquito (or better yet for the private pilot, it's logical extension, the DH101 Hornet), Vampires & Venoms for the jet-generation. But I'm right with you on the "any old warbird" train of thought...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hard to pick just one so i'll go by each war.

WW 1 Fokker Dr 1, the Baron did pretty good with it.

WW 11 Curtiss P-40"flying tiger" edition , It just looks good

Korea MiG-17, I would have defected just to fly one of these. Probably the most beautiful aircraft made.

Viet Nam McDonnel F4-J. The best looking US aircraft.

Modern era McDonnel/Douglass F/A-18 Hornet. Wouldn't you choose this one?

Fuel TV shows insane s**t like this all the time. Do you get this channel in GB or the EU ?

I honestly expected to see the end of the movie "Dr Strangelove" where "Slim" Pickens rides THE BOMB to the Earth!

I'm not a very emotional man, but whenever one of these flies over me at an air show or at the Goodwood Revival, my heart beats faster and I feel very proud to be British. I'll never be a pilot (although I used to be a space cadet) but if I was, I'd love to own one. The noise at full chat is spine tingling and totally awesome.

Low flypast

I'm not a very emotional man, but whenever one of these flies over me at an air show or at the Goodwood Revival, my heart beats faster and I feel very proud to be British. I'll never be a pilot (although I used to be a space cadet) but if I was, I'd love to own one. The noise at full chat is spine tingling and totally awesome.

Low flypast

Well 'kinell, I had to duck :lol:

Now that the thread is completely off track :lol: , here's one plane that I'd love to see, not to mention fly. For reasons of national origin and more, I'm partial to it, but it also kicked butt against the most decorated US mission in WWII, along with Bf-109s. Sadly none are left, and the bolsheviks confiscated all documentation and turned the factory into a tractor plant:

iar-80a.jpg

Story Details

Low flypast

When I was younger a space cadet was someone who was a starter in the use of mind altering drugs and worked his way up to space ranger. Are we talking the same terms?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to get this post back on track, I gotta tell ya', it's serious winter where I live: February translates into snow and cold, and more snow. A quarter mile of icy two-track from my house to the five miles of dirt/mud/snow county road seperates me from pavement. Obviously, me and the Guzzi are not going anywhere anytime soon. But she sits in the shop--fresh tires, fresh fluids, full tank--ready to go in all respects. I fire the beast up once a month. Run her up to temperature, engage the transmission and watch the rear wheel go round and round. I tell myself that I do this to charge the battery and to keep all those moving parts in the habit of moving, but in reality I run the Guzzi just to hear the SOUND, and to remind myself what is to come once the snow is gone. My other two bikes sit in the corner, poor cousins they are, gathering dust. Simply, the Guzzi speaks to me in ways the others can't.

Not much longer now, winter can't last forever.