Moderator wanted

Admin Jaap

I'm not really looking for another forum job, but I can help out if needed. I know I'm new on this forum but I do have a Guzzi with a CARC hanging off it, is this a prerequisite for the job? :P

It's still for grabs. Haven't found time to deal with this.

FWIW: I prefer a native speaker and someone who's around every day.

Wot? as in Dutch? That's a bit of a big ask innit? I'd offer but I'm a moderator on Guzzitech and all the whiney little girls with sand in their privates think I'm a c@nt there so I'd go for a monumental 'Fail' here. Also I'm pretty stupid and sometimes violent so I might not be the best choice anyway :P

Pete

No Dutch, but fluent Farsi and Masaï are a must.

Well I'm good in Malagassi and have several yurt dweller dialects from Mongolia. Mostly I speakum pijin longtime happygood.

pete

(Oh, and before any retard accuses me of racism 'Pidjin' is an official language in PNG and variants are spoken by some 80% of the population and that sentence would be understood by a lot of 'em so bite my arse.)

Well I'm good in Malagassi and have several yurt dweller dialects from Mongolia. Mostly I speakum pijin longtime happygood.

...so bite my arse.

Judging by your two posts here, I'd say that you're fluent in Ullans, or Ulster Scots, too.

Can you come over here to the meeting in May to fulfill the post of Rally Translator And Right Thran Skitter?

It would be a great service to the English and other foreign gentlemen attending.

To be sure that you are capable, let me know your score:

http://www.ulsterscotslanguage.com/en/texts/test/

Ah, here's one just for Jaap

wurd_o_tha_week.gif

dake

dyke: the low bank of earth, stones, etc., usually planted with hawthorn, which bounds roads and borders fields.

as thick as a dake – having an extremely surly temperament.

dake-bak – the side of a dyke (esp. that away from the road).

lake snow aff a dake – (going) rapidly and without trace (e.g. of money during a time of high inflation).

stane dake – a dry stone wall. (Also dyke.)

Useful phrase in motorcycling company: 'bejabbers boys, he flu lak a Dutch Gutsy doon a dake'