whats the best?

DeBenGuzzi

I will defiantly keep the norge in mind I do like them overall but I find the front ugly BUT when riding it who cares, the buell gets a second chance because they are dirt cheap used and if they have a heat redirect kit then it would be rideable seriouslly the thing would melt your leg after 10min it was insane to me. I would love to stay guzzi if I could but I hate tough to deal with parts and no dealers :( BMW has no soul but they have the support. Breva was also SUPER comfy when I sat on it at the bike show but it looks so boring, one of those with a good screen and bags would work well too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breva was also SUPER comfy when I sat on it at the bike show but it looks so boring,

Excuse me? and you think a Bemm isn't boring? :rolleyes:

umm well yes they both are BUT the difference is aftermarket and dealer support BMW is way ahead on that one. I'd like something easy to live with and maintain and get stuff for.

Early '80's Guzzi G5. I have 350,000 miles on one. It's like riding a sofa...a sofa that corners.

I know, probably a bit old. :oldgit:

LOL something like that would be awesome but then even a bigger problem with support and I'm not a good enough wrench or fabricator to own something that old, maybe some day :bier: hell if one fell in my lap I'd take it

I've owned BM's over the years mainly as winter bikes and that includes a K12LT (Total shi*e) Now I use an old Guzzi as a winter bike. This year I did a 12 country 5000 mile tour on my Breva, it performed well and did everything expected of it. Last year I done a Euro tour of 4000 miles on a Norton Commando, the Commando still has it as the best toring bike out there as long as your handy with the spanners if not a Breva's a close second. In my opinion BM's are overpriced overhyped unreliable bits of machinery with no soul.

No I'm not mad!!

Um Gino yur a Scot,not like us soft arse whiny Americans.We could probably put wagon wheels attached to a 2 x 4 and you would say it's comfy :D

Breva was also SUPER comfy when I sat on it at the bike show but it looks so boring,

Excuse me? and you think a Bemm isn't boring? :rolleyes:

Ha ha.A friend of mine got a great deal on a Breva 750 and didn't have the heart to tell him that it's not a proper man's bike.what's it got 50 HP? Pa-leese!

Um Gino yur a Scot,not like us soft arse whiny Americans.We could probably put wagon wheels attached to a 2 x 4 and you would say it's comfy :D

Ha ha.A friend of mine got a great deal on a Breva 750 and didn't have the heart to tell him that it's not a proper man's bike.what's it got 50 HP? Pa-leese!

Gosh, the Forum is getting old.

Even Bendy. :oldgit:

Never, forget all this BMW nonsense, you'll only regret it :D BMW have a large dealer network because they need it!!! Unreliable teutonic cr*p. Germany is I believe one of Guzzi's biggest markets, why do you think that is? Don't believe the hype stick to the glorious eagle (or curly Norton) on the tank and you'll never regret it. Stand apart from the crowd, be a leader of fashion not a follower, be proud to be different because you know that IF you do buy a BM every time you meet a Guzzi owner on the road you will feel inadequate and find yourself apologising for not being on your Guzzi.

Rant over :D:D

Yes modern Beemers do have a reputation for unreliability two friends of mine who had GSes both had serious problems with their bikes and the rip off dealers.

But my main issue with BMWs and GSes in particular is how bloody many of the things are on the road. I often see 10 GSes in a day all dressed identically kitted out to go round the world whereas in reality they are doing a 5 mile trip to the shops!

I blame Ewan and Charley for starting this and I can't believe how many people feel the need to follow the crowd.

I would never trust that rear drive bearing either.

Overrated and overpriced.

Guy

P.S. An old R80GS with 200k miles on the clock IS a cool bike but a 1200GSA with knobblies and a rider in a twat suit isn't!

You need to look under the plastic of these new Beemers. It looks like it was in a car crusher. There is NO space whatsoever. I don't think you could run a 22 ga. wire down the frame of these. Don't forget about the rear axle that will not stay together. Add to all that , the ugliest looking bikes being produced.

'BMW'

Overrated and overpriced.

Guy

P.S. An old R80GS with 200k miles on the clock IS a cool bike but a 1200GSA with knobblies and a rider in a twat suit isn't!

As an ex 1150 gs owner 'fraid I have to agree with a lot of what you say about BMW Guy, but WTF is a 'twat suit'? :unsure:

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I got the hint, would be better if I got a bagged and larger screened Breva then for first choice, norge second choice but I find it kinda uggo in a diff way than I find the third choice of the R1150r uggo, its kinda grown on me and the 4th would be a ulysses with the rider comfort kit the things are dirt cheap for parts and service and possibly easier to work on than a guzzi. But there is still time for me to change my mind 27 times :lol: