fuel line & quick release

belfastguzzi

Yes that's the one I saw. It must be available in the UK too?

I should send the link/picture to the local BMW place so that they know what it is.

friend of mine managed to get this

ZLCD.jpg

on his Rosso Corsa - don't know how unfortunatelly.

It is a aftermarket BMW 1200 GS quick release coupling from here

"Die cast zinc" = heavy. If you go this route, you'll want to arrange for some sort of mounting to support them [don't forget, you need a pair: one set for both the feed and the return line.]

I seem to remember similar discussions about busted plastic elbows when Triumph went to EFI; you might noodle around searching for similar problems & their resolution on (modern) Triumph boards...

"Die cast zinc" = heavy. If you go this route, you'll want to arrange for some sort of mounting to support them [don't forget, you need a pair: one set for both the feed and the return line.]

I seem to remember similar discussions about busted plastic elbows when Triumph went to EFI; you might noodle around searching for similar problems & their resolution on (modern) Triumph boards...

also add Aprilia Futura boards - there had been a recall as these terminals used to brake and spill the fuel over hot engine. The results are sad

img00004.jpg

one from Prague...

Thanks guys. I thought it looked heavy Skeeve, so my interest grew in looking at a plastic one. The BMW item might be more substantial than Guzzi's item.

Also, there is only one line from the tank/internal pump. There is no return.

Slavomir, which connections would break? Do you mean the metal ones?

Or do you mean that Aprilia plastic ones would pull apart, or break? If so, there's a good chance that they are/were the same as Guzzi parts. I will call at an Aprilia place tomorrow.

Slavomir, which connections would break? Do you mean the metal ones?

Or do you mean that Aprilia plastic ones would pull apart, or break? If so, there's a good chance that they are/were the same as Guzzi parts. I will call at an Aprilia place tomorrow.

the plastic ones used to brake. I am not saying that it is the same case as Guzzi connectors - at all, I've never heard of burned Guzzi thanks to fuel line connector failure. Aprilia used to change the plastic for metal ones. And as Aprilia is same concern as Guzzi, maybe, there should be some solution :huh:

Mike, that is a fabulous offer, hugely appreciated.

I'll see if I can find any suitable parts locally this week. If I can't, then I'll contact you.

D

I'll PM you my address so you can kick off without further enquiry.

Here's the fix. I hope that it's permanent. At a machine shop, the broken elbow was filed down to a smooth face and reamed to accept a steel tube. The tube was turned down to press fit with the outlet turned to accept an 8mm hose. It was glued in with Loctite.

I will clamp a new section of 8mm 10 bar petroleum hose to this and to the T piece from the injector hoses. I don't intend using a quick disconnect fitting.

4269640255_4562349143.jpg4269640583_1a462a9ee1.jpg

4269641515_c0db64f50c_m.jpg

• 3 months later...

My '03 Lemans has a red and white plastic elbow. Is the white and inlet? If so... for gas or air? I'm confused as to why no other bike seems to have both a red and white. Even Todd at MPH (Houston) hasn't heard of a second white elbow.

My white is broken and will need to be fixed.

-Kevin