G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Input please!

Is that supposed to be gold-on-silver, or gold-on-white? Kind of hard to tell whether you're trying to make the entire bike match the cans, or the photochop just came thru in a weird limbo on my screen.

Not sure if I like it, either way, but I will say this: motorcycles need visibility! The last thing you want to do is paint your bike some neutral color: after years of observation, I've determined that the last color you'd want for a bike is the champagne [metallic beige] color of the '02 LeMans - no matter how nice it looks standing alone on the sidestand in your garage, the plain truth is that it's doggone near invisible to the BDCs out there; that's why they keep crashing their Accords & Camrys that are all the same color. They just don't see the other car, nor are they seen. And a bike is at an even worse disadvantage, 'cause even if it's painted bright red, they'll still ignore it because of its size.

Conspicuity should be your watchword.

White, gold and black goes along pretty well. Check out the colour scheme on this HD from Dub Performance:

proto-slug-v-rod-17.jpg

proto-slug-v-rod-11.jpg

Whaddayousay? I luv the colour scheme!

Søren

Did you say gold???

Goldfinger.jpg

Sorry to say I'm not a fan of that paint job Jaap. It's not bad but I think it could be better. I usually like some combination of black/silver/a little bit of red on a lot of bikes. That said, it's your bike so go with what YOU like.

Same reply over here, Jaap.

Sorry, it doesn't touch me.

This is a bike that cries for attention. Give it to her.

If you really like those static colors then paint something (frame for example) in a fresh sparkling tint like orangered or even babyblue.

Of course a photoshopjob isn't the same as the real thing.

I've seen a red framed silver (sparkling silver) / white Sport before and it was stunning.

Have you painted the OZ wheels in that maroon color now?

yes, the bike needs bright colors.

I like the eagle scheme, very Aprilia-ish funnily enough.

The placing of the Ghezz-Brian name on the seat is cool too.

Color wise, it does need something which shouts louder tho.

What about blue disco, like my Supertwin, and the eagle in white, or red ?

Thanks for the input guys! I had the same aprilia association with the eagle. That's a definitive. Don't like coloured wheels, except gold :rolleyes: ) I'll be showing some more designs, it's quite easy now that I have Photoshop template.

BTW, I'm going to put the OEM Ti exhaust back on. I've shown my design to an exhaust builder and he also said that it would be quite difficult to get it silent enough and properly running. The high costs helped me also in that decision!

Don't like coloured wheels, except gold :rolleyes: )

Thought I read something here about powdercoating the gold anodized OZ Racing rims ??

So you definately want to keep the 'aprilish' eagle?

Have you considered wrapping instead of painting? In that case you don't have to use the old eagle logo. They can print anything on vinyl.

Thought I read something here about powdercoating the gold anodized OZ Racing rims ??

So you definately want to keep the 'aprilish' eagle?

Have you considered wrapping instead of painting? In that case you don't have to use the old eagle logo. They can print anything on vinyl.

The wheels are powder coated metallic dark grey now. One of the reasons why I decided for a neutral color as I haven't decided on a color scheme yet. (but the eagle stays, probably in vinyl)

What do you mean with wrapping? Wrapping the body completely? I've seen it done on cars, but that's much easier as there aren't as many corners and curves.

It's beautiful weather here today, so no new designs today! :race: But first I have to get rid of a nasty hangover... :wacko:

Try a combination of glossy and matt black bodywork with those gold trimmings you already designed. The eagle would look really cool on black. A friend of mine has a Nightrod in glossy/matt black and the combo looks good in nature.