There had to be a first

Admin Jaap

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a historical perspective I do recall one Captain/Enzo/Etc. that was 'dis-invited' as well. Curiously, that poster also "inspired" a great deal of, well, *response.* So, maybe this is the second. Not that I'm jumping into line, mind you!

Too bad, really. This guy had a lot to offer and a wealth of solid technical input. But, the cat fighting was too stinky and the tone of the forum had taken a sad down-turn. Let's hope we can recover our spirited beginnings and the kind of esprit-d'-corps that has always made this place special.

For the record: Enzo was "dis-invited", but I only deleted his account after he voluntarily disappeared. And I do agree that RH knows his Guzzi stuff. Problem is he hides it in a loads and loads of endless political drivel and personal attacks.

I like banter and a bit of bickering here and there, but he just went too far, too often. Sometimes you have to take the rotten apple out of the basket.

What with the Forum Upgrade and all, maybe Jaap's avatar might even cheer up . . .

That avatar still gives me the creeps!

I've been lying low for awhile now and just learned of Ratchet's fate. I must say part of me will miss him. As others have said, he was always quick and kind to help me with any questions I might have.

Jaap, you did what you had to do. More power to you and thanks for all you've done to produce and maintain the most valuable Guzzi resource on the 'net.

Here's to many more years!

FWIW, I disagree with expulsion. He didn't get to where he was without quite a bit of assistance from other members of this community.

FWIW, I agree with you on the expulsion. But I think I can say that in RH's case there weren't any other options left.

FWIW, I disagree with expulsion. He didn't get to where he was without quite a bit of assistance from other members of this community.

I am with you mike.

I hardly disagree this action of Jaap.

To make a long story short Ratch was a pain in the ass sometimes.

His arguments were too long and by while not to follow anymore. Out of the line, and in contrast with the forum rules.

We are not here to correct the action or the thoughts of the forum members. He was adult enough to be responsible of his action, I do not understand why he goes too far and too often.

But he also was a helpfully buddy on the forum. And IMHO he was that in the most of his posts.

I also understand “the rotten apple has to be token out of the basket”

FWIW there are several people on several other forums who would like to keep in touch. Yeah, he's a big boy who can look after himself but if anyone has his email, (Or if he reads this.) I'd be happy to keep in touch even though he's a barking mad right-wing fucktard :grin:

Pete

Yeah, he's a big boy who can look after himself ... even though he's a barking mad right-wing fucktard :grin:

Hey, now, there's more than one of us who resemble that remark! You left-wing tools of Lenin may have the #s, but we're better armed, so don't think you can push us around! ;)

Now that the whole global-warming scam has been exposed & laid to rest, what shall we have to argue about?

Oil thread anyone? :D

How about "What can Piaggio do wrong next?" :lol:

I vote for "What new engine design should Guzzi use to revitalize the marque?" I think they should go with...wait! :doh:

I will not hijack this thread. I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread.I will not hijack this thread...

'cause I don't wanna end up like Ratch'!

;)

If you are in a "club",bar, guest at someone's house or where ever and the owner throws out someone he feels is not conducting himself properly or is getting complaints about his behavior, I think it's the right of the person(s) in charge to do what they think is best.

No one is being forced to do or abstain from anything unreasonable on this forum. I didn't join this club to force my political,philosiphical or religious views in someone else's face.

I joined this site to converse about motorcycles and experiences with them.