They stole the wrong bike

Had been taking a break out in the country as various recent circumstances have been difficult. Had the Aprilia SM750 Dorso: would have taken the Guzzi but I've softish, new BT003 tyres on the Griso at the moment and didn't want to be riding up and down a rough stoney track on them in case the Bridgestones got cut up a bit.

Came back up to town yesterday evening and parked to go see some music I'd been looking forward to (Drive By Truckers!).

Came back to the parking spot at midnight – and the bike was gone. Probably in a van and over the border by now.

Opened a letter this morning: Notice of Intended Prosecution, for speeding (on the Aprilia).

Is May going to continue the same way that April has been? I thought all this stuff was only meant to come in threes?

The bike is rare enough, so if anyone sees a low-mileage, year old, red Dorsoduro or parts, on eBay etc, give me a shout. Arrow cans fitted.

If only it had been the Griso: it would have been one problem solved, instead of another created!

Sorry to hear of yet more bad news, Dave.

As you say, if only it had been the bloody Griso.Mind you, would you even have wished it upon some poor unsuspecting thief?Then again it might have made them consider going straight!

Andy.

Sorry to hear yet more problems David. Good luck getting it sorted.

That is you on a racetrack isn't it? You did the trackday?

Keith.

Yep, trackday last month. Survived two bikes colliding in front of me on only the second lap and someone taking my front wheel away on very last session of the day (I ended up on the grass but kept upright). Apart from that, and a severe dose of flu or whatever it was, it was a grand day.

I've another booked in June and have been thinking of doing one at the end of this month.

Not so sure about that now, as last night's episode will hit the finances, but also I don't have a fall-back bike anymore, if anything goes wrong on the track.

Wrong thread topic, but here we go:

5631186776_42a0566a42_z.jpg

5630596431_7e2fb3e69e.jpg

:rolleyes: some design differences may be apparent :rolleyes:

5630594961_18ed576bf4.jpg

5630595703_702e25c2a5_z.jpg

5630607923_0533a78f35.jpg

5630606475_4409641c37.jpg

5630606809_f48a31c9b4.jpg

5631189244_109c335e75.jpg

5630593789_20e8783c2c.jpg

Jesus Dave????? If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all. Hows about taking the Griso to somewhere nearby and leaving it there with the keys in? I am making the presumption that the Doso is insured?

Pete

Jesus Dave????? If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all. Hows about taking the Griso to somewhere nearby and leaving it there with the keys in? I am making the presumption that the Doso is insured?

Pete

Aye, just renewed the insurance a short while ago. In hindsight I should have valued it higher though. I won't get enough to replace it, plus there were the Arrow cans etc. and then there's the policy excess, blah, blah.

Anyway, this is just stuff – and it helps to release steam in a fairly harmless, if whining manner.

There are other more important things, which don't get talked about or it's not appropriate to talk about them in this type of www setting. I've been holding off on sending a PM – and I owe Baldini a note, so I'll send a few sentences...

D

Hi Dave,

You've had a tough run of luck.

Can I send a few pounds your way so's you can buy an Albert King album and some whisky? I hope I spelled that right.

J

Whiskey ;):grin: if it's from the local peat lands

whisky if it's from the bogs across the water

David, with the insurance - dunno if you've been thru this before but - my experience with wifes written off car went something like:

We'll offer you £900 in settlement.

But I can't replace it for that. It's worth far more.

Prove it.

OK. Here's 3 ads from autotrader for similar vehicles.

OK. Here's £1,850.

Thanks (twats).

Did you notify them of mods?

KB

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Have just recovered the bike! :thumbsup:

Stolen by amateurs. :glare:

More later.

Thanks for your support, folks.

Great news BFG! Hope she's not too battered.

I know in this modern day and age, we should be understanding the social issues that causes people to steal things, and maybe counselling them and helping them understand that its better not to steal, but I cant help but think that cutting off their balls would get better results in the longer term.

Guy :helmet:

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Have just recovered the bike! :thumbsup:

Stolen by amateurs. :glare:

More later.

Thanks for your support, folks.

Great news! Or is it? Hope it wasn't so trashed that it's a writeoff anyway... :thumbsup: