Rosso Corsa rescue

Chuck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, the previous owner decided that the Rosso didn't need caliper covers. Any leads on where to find them?

I have one for the rear caliper if you want it...................

By the way, the previous owner decided that the Rosso didn't need caliper covers. Any leads on where to find them?

I have one for the rear caliper if you want it...................

I've found one for the rear. Still looking for fronts. Made Rosie some bling yesterday.. :rasta:

003-8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Caliper covers? Well, they don't use em on the front.. :homer::whistle:

After an intensive service/rehab

001-12.jpg

Son Brad (Greenie V11S) came down from Wisconsin and worked his magic on the zip tied together fairing/white paint splotched :huh2: tank

005-3.jpg

and we have the first roll out

008-1.jpg

Sounds great, runs great, has a gel seat that I didn't notice at first. I'm in lust.. :race::wub:

[son Brad (Greenie V11S) came down from Wisconsin and worked his magic on the zip tied together fairing/white paint splotched :huh2: tank

005-3.jpg

Chuck,

When can I barrow son Brad to come to the Bay Area California to give my Rosso the same treatment? :oldgit: I always had a hard time getting the tank paint to polish as it always seemed like the paint was too soft. :homer: At least give us some hints on how to make the paint shine :notworthy:

Mike

Good grief...they lock people up in prison for neglecting animals, doing this to a RC is heinous. Well done for rescuing her from a terrible fate.

Ya the PO was to Guzzi's as Michael Vick is to Pit bulls

Lookin good,nice find :thumbsup:

[son Brad (Greenie V11S) came down from Wisconsin and worked his magic on the zip tied together fairing/white paint splotched :huh2: tank

005-3.jpg

Chuck,

When can I barrow son Brad to come to the Bay Area California to give my Rosso the same treatment? :oldgit: I always had a hard time getting the tank paint to polish as it always seemed like the paint was too soft. :homer: At least give us some hints on how to make the paint shine :notworthy:

Mike

Ok. Brad used to be a pro painter, but is a helicopter mechanic now, and doesn't paint any more. He *has* done some nice paint work though. I thought it was hopeless, but he looked at it for a bit, got some lacquer thinner :o and a coarse shop cloth and started going after the paint splatters. They came right off, but left the clear coat dull everywhere he'd been. Then we went to AutoZone, and he opened several bottles of polishing compound and rubbed it with his fingers, :whistle: saying "this one ought to do it."

It's Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

Masked off the fuel cap so stuff didn't get all around it, and spread towels over other stuff for the same reason. Applied the compound liberally, and went at it with the buffer. He said that stuff like this *needs* to be put on with a swirling motion. :huh2: I dunno. Cleaned it up with new micro fiber towels, and it looks better than new.. In the picture, there's no wax on it, so I expect she'll really look good with some detailing. He's a good boy... :grin: