Cheap tuning

Admin Jaap

Seems like you'd need the WM15r? ecu off a late model small block or the CalVin in order to get the oxygen sensor input necessary for this thing to really do much: otherwise, it amounts to nothing more than the potentiometer mounted on the air sensor circuit that HeWhoMustNotBeNamed [RatchetHack! There, I said it! ;)] proposed and for which was so reviled in one of the interminably long threads kept alive by those same sort of individuals who ignore the "Do Not Feed The Bears" signs @ Yellowstone Nat'l. Park... and who then blamed Ratch for being so sorely tempted! :rolleyes:

Don't see where this is as half as useful as the PCIIIusb, and you can find a used one of those off eBay for about the same $$.

But that's just my take on it, as someone who has a non-O2 sensor model of the WM15 on his V11... :nerd:

Nice to see someone doing anything for our old V11s tho'! :thumbsup:

Cheap? Double the money of a Fat-Duc at 80 bucks!

Does it do anything more or extra? If it does, then yes by all means. But does it? And is it plug & play?

Got a sneaking suspicion this is'nt.

I plugged a Fat-Duc into my Scura R and all I can affirm it richened up the fuel enough, on steady throttle under 4000rpm, to cure or diminish - depending how far you turn the setting, the occasional jerk/stumble/cough it would do after freeing up its nostrils with a Sprint Competition filter and M4 mufflers.

No cutting wires and does what it says on the box. :thumbsup:

Both are cheapies - but plug & play cheapies tip it for me everytime.

Then again, I try and fill up on BP Ultimate now instead of Shell Optimax. Even fuel can affect it sufficiently in my experience! :2c:

Nice to see someone doing anything for our old V11s tho'! :thumbsup:

Generally I would agree, but I don't think this is being done for our old V11s. I would bet money they are just listing this for any Fuel injected bike that it could remotely be made to work on. This is not a model specific widget.

If you like cheap solutions I am pretty sure there are cheaper ones. If you want better solutions I know there are better ones. But I have no doubt that there are people for who this is just the right balance.

Just don't try to suggest to them that all they are doing is tricking the ecu into adding more fuel by altering the sensor reading it is basing its fueling on.

LOL. Heaven forbid you "expose" what they are really doing. But it tricks the ECU into thinking O2 sensor still reads correctly also!!!.

A miricle in cheap plastic, the OEM's have been trying to surpress that secret for years. If you want to trick the airtemp sensor, move it, encase it in ice, add a resistor, follow (unamed) advise, or just hit it with a hammer.

You money will be much better spent on a real method of adjusting the fuel mixture.

Damm, I just ordered one :stupid: NOT :bbblll:

LOL. Heaven forbid you "expose" what they are really doing. But it tricks the ECU into thinking O2 sensor still reads correctly also!!!.

A miricle in cheap plastic, the OEM's have been trying to surpress that secret for years. If you want to trick the airtemp sensor, move it, encase it in ice, add a resistor, follow (unamed) advise, or just hit it with a hammer.

You money will be much better spent on a real method of adjusting the fuel mixture.

I agree with the rest.

All it does is fudge the air temperature reading based on the O2 sensors.

That being said it may just work if the O2 sensors don't have enough clout to effect the ECU directly.

I still think Cliff's MyECU is a better way to go!

i like that...............

I think he's sequestered in Crete from the impending collapse of the Greek government.Worse places to be stuck!

The Fuel Energizer can be used in:

Comes in Tamper Proof Packing.

Cars Buses Trucks

Scooters Generators Motorcycles

Ambulances Gas Cylinders Autorickshaws

Locomotives/

Trains!!!

By locomotives guess he means the Guzzi :P:

maybe the right product for us

Are these the same things as "Cow magnets"?

I have seen (just about ) everything attached to fuel lines..... Aluminum foil wraps, cow magnets, clothes pins to name a few. Fuel addatives too. The most incredible was moth balls, not from moths but....well you know, the stinky things you put in closets...........