Well, well: Kevin Ash says Griso is best looking bike of all

belfastguzzi

Sound man, that Kev (sometimes)

Link to Ash interview

What do you think is the most beautiful production motorcycle ever built? Oh, there are loads I could cite. And I love the looks of some bikes you wouldn’t describe as beautiful—like the Katana 1100, the Ducati Diavel and various Harley Sportsters. As for beautiful bikes, I love the T160 Trident and the bevel drive 900SS, I’m not going to leave out the 916 just because it’s predictable, and the same goes for the absolutely stunning MV F4. But the bike whose looks do the most for me is the Guzzi Griso (above), sweeping and elegant on the left, overtly mechanical and rugged on the right. Then there’s the Super Glide (below)—the modern one, the old boat tail was fine except for the boat tail! Or the Commando 850 Interstate, the Z1, the hoover tube ZXR750 … I’ll be here for hours.

Sound man, that Kev (sometimes)

What do you think is the most beautiful production motorcycle ever built? Oh, there are loads I could cite. And I love the looks of some bikes you wouldn’t describe as beautiful—like the Katana 1100, the Ducati Diavel and ....

Hmmm, 'sound'? The guy must be a ding-a-ling. No offense to the Griso, but the Diavel? beautiful bike? Blarg.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I think the Griso is one of those machines that looks much nicer in the flesh rather than when pictured.

Best looking Guzzi for me is the original V7 Sport.

Your correct in one, why does nobody at Guzzi see the beauty of the V7 sport in Large engine and not the bored out V50

v7s118.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I think the Griso is one of those machines that looks much nicer in the flesh rather than when pictured.

Best looking Guzzi for me is the original V7 Sport.

Your correct in one, why does nobody at Guzzi see the beauty of the V7 sport in Large engine and not the bored out V50

Yeah the new ones are like silicone tits- plasticky and not as nice as the real thing.

Griso is good looking for sure, but I just don't get the high frame tubes & all that plastic - might put me off getting one even if I could: style over substance. He's right with the 916 & the MV - they're exquisite - they look that way cos they work that way.

And....I never get why the V7S, 750S even the S3 is preferred over the LM1. To me the later bike is better looking & goes better too.

I've always liked sports style bikes but for me the T3 Cali is a great looking Guzzi.

I think the V11Sport's a good looking bike too. Interesting how prices seem to be holding up for them: I wonder how many there are, compared with 1100Sport. How many old Big-block Tontis kicking about?

As for the V7 classic etc etc etc: I'm sure they're a nice little bike but I don't see why people seem to be wetting themselves on some forums over the new smallblocks' styling - some old-style alloy wheels & can of matt black paint? & as for the Racer :rolleyes: .....don't.

KB

What do you think is the most beautiful production motorcycle ever built?

This is a no brainer: Moto Guzzi Daytona RS, no question. There are few bikes that even come close: my V11 LeMans being a distant 3rd, after the Sport 1100 [which of course, was the front runner until Guzzi put that big beautiful beast of a 4v motor in it to make the Daytona RS...] :thumbsup:

If you disagree, don't bother telling me about it, I'll just ignore your posts as it will be clear you have no taste, so why bother listening to your prattling? [sticks fingers in ears, starts yelling "La la la la la..."] :oldgit:

;)

:bike:

It's all very personal.

I love the Griso's looks and think it is the best looking bike to come out of Mandello since the V7 Sport. I accept though that not everyone shares my taste.

6355892539_680ec77856_z.jpg

While the plastic is there for stying reasons it also has a function in that it covers a lot of *stuff* like horns, coils, ecu etc. There isn't a lot of extra room on a Griso.

As for thr Nuovo smallblock? Most interesting aspect is the adopion of the single throttlebody and, I'm guessing, RBW. That will make it a very pleasant little motorbike I'd think. No , it won't set any land seed records or the world on fire but how many Harley Sportsters, Triumph twins and Ducati Monsters get sold? Not to mention bloody V-Stroms and the like!

Nice to see I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness crying that the V7 'Racer' is an abomination Keith :vomit::grin:

Pete