We all roll down the road on machinery unknown to the masses. Ergo, one has to be prepared. Heres what I pack, what do you carry for backup? No, a cellphone or some bailout card does not apply here, this is for those moments of character. Just you and this Italian bitch stuck out in the land of Nod.

2012 384.JPG2012 379.JPG

Extra tools, zip-ties, Extreme tape, air compressor (Slime brand) with plug kit (Miruni Earth Stick), zip-ties, rags, test light, volt-ohm meter, zip-ties, siphon tube, long nose vice-grips, cork screw, bottle opener, hack saw blade (0.026" feeler gauge), zip-ties, Leatherman tool, 6 mil black nitrile gloves, LED headband flashlight, wiring diagram, zip-ties, hex drives, spare bulbs and fuses and relays.

Did I mention the zip-ties? :rolleyes:

We all roll down the road on machinery unknown to the masses. Ergo, one has to be prepared. Heres what I pack, what do you carry for backup? No, a cellphone or some bailout card does not apply here, this is for those moments of character. Just you and this Italian bitch stuck out in the land of Nod.

2012 384.JPG2012 379.JPG

You're joking, right? The OEM toolpouch, a couple of zipties, some fuses and a decent Gerber multi-tool, that's all. And I only need the multitool for slicing an apple...

Gerber%20multi%20tool.jpg

Did I mention the zip-ties? :rolleyes:

So far none of you mentioned the prime necessity, the you-know-what.

ping/snap

I packed 2 gearbox springs on a recent European trip for Helen's V11 (just in case!), spare brake and clutch levers, bag of spare nuts and bolts, araldite, cable ties, bulbs, tools, relay, fuses, wheel bearings, rubber gloves, duct tape and most importantly a big hammer

:lol: :lol: :lol: Damn funny! I forgot to throw in the length of gangion twine and a file. It aint just for you, how bout the other road folk out there caught unaware. I got a nice round couple from Alberta going again with gangion, (their rear caliper anchor bolt had departed on the gold wing). Saved a couple dudes charging system in a '63 Austin Healey one cold New Mexico morning with spare generator brushes from the panhead, no file we had to use the road to bring em down to size. (Good thing I didnt show a picture of that tool kit, Jaap wouldnt have recovered)! Tuned a boxer (check out them wurth guages)that dude seemed to have the most issue with the fact that not all was right and that he did need a hand (turned out to be water in his fuel). Still cant come up with reason to purchase a multitool, I look at them and marvel but to be honest..... That's a hell of a thing to take to an apple. I'll stick with my lockblade, my pliers and multi tip driver. Good call on the hacksaw blade Docc. Cheers :bier:

2011 everything 087.JPG

I actually just carry half of one with the corners rounded, clip it in the the lock pliers for sawing and use the thickness for gapping plugs.

I have a length of stainless steel safety wire as well - is that "gangion" wire?

I packed 2 gearbox springs on a recent European trip for Helen's V11 (just in case!), spare brake and clutch levers, bag of spare nuts and bolts, araldite, cable ties, bulbs, tools, relay, fuses, wheel bearings, rubber gloves, duct tape and most importantly a big hammer

Fantastic. You wouldn't need to go out of your tent all day. The things you could do with that stuff!

Just tidying up the bike for a rally in a couple of weeks and emptied out all the crap in the tail of the bike. So in my toolkit i have added circlip pliers, leatherman and a cutdown allen key. I have spare brake and clutch levers, gearbox spring ( the original :notworthy: ) a homemade part that goes between the gear lever and rod ( made it after seeing martin barrets break in ireland a few years back) ,fuses, tywraps, relays, puncture outfit ( used it once on BFG,s bike,in ireland ) a spark plug and cap with wire, phase sensor and a tps. I also will probably have to get aneutral,clutch,sidestand switch as i have a intermittent electrical fault that first started outside joey dunlops pub (in ireland) bike is running rough so getting a tune up and put on the axone on the way to the rally , so if anything looking dodgy i can get it changed out there and then :thumbsup: . Lucky for me the rally isnt in Ireland :whistle: Or i would have to take a spare V11 :rolleyes: