Newbie question about height

Goosed Again

One of the things I've alway appreciated is that on a Guzzi I can usually get both feet on the ground. In the past I've had a couple of Eldo's, 1 Ambo, a '78 LeMans, and a '73 V7 Sport. I'm currently looking at a '03 Naked online about 150 miles from me. The bike is fairly low miles at just under 12K, priced nicely, full documentation, etc.

My question is before I go running out there to at least look at it, me being short at 5'5" with a 29" inseam, how is this bike for shorter riders?

My question is before I go running out there to at least look at it, me being short at 5'5" with a 29" inseam, how is this bike for shorter riders?

My guess is your height won't matter very much and probably your lighter weight will be an asset! It is probably no different than any of the other bikes you have ridden.

My guess is your height won't matter very much and probably your lighter weight will be an asset! It is probably no different than any of the other bikes you have ridden.

Thanks HJ.

I did a pretty extensive search here at V11 and read some comments about some of the shorter riders getting a Corbin Street Fighter so they get more then the balls of their feet on the ground. I guess I could do that if need be which means now I just have to commit which also means looking at my checking account and saying "I think I can I think I can". And in reality, I think I can as long as the tax man doesn't want me to finance some 3rd world country.

"I think I can I think I can". And in reality, I think I can as long as the tax man doesn't want me to finance some 3rd world country.

I think you should, I think you should, I know you should. what color?

"I think I can I think I can". And in reality, I think I can as long as the tax man doesn't want me to finance some 3rd world country.

I think you should, I think you should, I know you should. what color?

It's a Naked Sport with a Burgundy tank and Grey fenders / tail. The "Barney" purple mufflers are a bit much, otherwise it looks very nice.

3Lf3J53pa5L55N85J7cb93327377cf1bf17a7.jpg

there was a burgundy V11 sport for sale in portland some time back, i saw it somewhere...it was pretty nice. maybe the same bike, as you're from oregon (and there's not that many burgundy V11's, or any V11s for that matter).

as for the purple stock pipes, i've seen them on photos of other V11's. could the finish on some of the stock bikes turn that color over time?

can't tell you what to do, but i love mine & would buy it again in a heartbeat.

cheers, steve

Yo - Oregon is not a third world country (or is it???) :o

Just kidding ;) - the V11 are fabulous, enjoy "owner involvement" and beg for a test ride. Make sure it is a dance you love to dance.

Ride heights and saddles can be adjusted/changed to some degree . . .

The cans on the burgundy model do have a purple tinge and not as noticeable in real life as in your photo.

My wife is 5ft5 and rides my V11 fine and Harry is shorter still and manages fine.

I have a 29" inseam, and have to tippy toe if upright. I have to lean the bike over a little to flat foot it, but really see no reason to have my feet flat on the ground..

Great, thanks all! I think I'll contact the guy again when I get back to the states, still in Canada for the holidays for a couple of more days and if the weather is good, may head over to look at it at least. The only other hiccup is I would be #4 on the pink slip which seems like a lot of owners that didn't fall in love. I know we've gone through bad economy and all but I can lean toward the superstitious side.

Great, thanks all! I think I'll contact the guy again when I get back to the states, still in Canada for the holidays for a couple of more days and if the weather is good, may head over to look at it at least. The only other hiccup is I would be #4 on the pink slip which seems like a lot of owners that didn't fall in love. I know we've gone through bad economy and all but I can lean toward the superstitious side.

Got my 2003 model in May 2004. No plans to change. Actually, I am spending money on trick bits more now than ever.