advice cafe sport

dangerous

Ok me again, kiwijen came over this arvo on her new cafe sport... poor things had a hard life but we can make up for that, how ever I do need some help here.

my V11 has the battery under the seat... CS under the tank, is that normale?

air box removed, not a idea I like but its ex Japan and that lot seem to love wrecking shit... I cant figger why you would bin two nice carbon fiber side covers for dumb arse pod's.

thing is it runs like a hunted shit house over 5rpm's  is this

a/ no air box

b/ ballsed up TPS

c/ electrical like a dud batt

d/ all of the above

e/ something else

we will be after parts, like side satnd, starter button block, air box, side covers, disc pad split pins and more... were you guys recomend?

photos attached, this batt thing has me buggered, more to come

filter1.JPG

Never seen that before! It looks nicely done and must be Lithium ion and all, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to make their battery that hard to get to. :huh2:

I would imagine putting the battery there was only possible because they removed the airbox.

That poor bike, someone has spent considerable time and effort butchering it.

I hope you can make it better.

OK... MG never put the battery under the tank correct?

next issue then is how the hell did it sit under the seat? mines in a steel cradle but this cafe shows no sign of one missing, are the air boxs the same as other v11's

Need some help on the filters guys, should that breather be shoved up the pod like that?

how does this effect the tuning?

Like I said id runs like a bag a shit over 5k, needs to be sorted, who has a well tuned v11 with pod filters here?

No, MG did not put your battery there. They could not have, I would think, as the airbox was there.

All V11's used the same airbox. Earlier spine frame bikes had at least a couple versions of airbox. But the V11's were the same in that regard.

I assume the breather was shoved up the pod filter to try and replicate the way the breather vented to the airbox originally. Pretty half-assed if you ask me.

The battery should sit right under the seat in a tray, above the shock.

In my opinion your best bet would be to find the parts required to put it back to stock, at least as far as the airbox and battery location go. From there you are at a known baseline where you know it should run well. Then you can do the basic tune/set up tasks, valves, TPS, etc.

You have a Nero Corsa correct? It's essentially the same bike sans bodywork.Hard to tell but it looks clean from those pics :thumbsup:

This should be in the "Tech" section.

You have a Nero Corsa correct? It's essentially the same bike sans bodywork.Hard to tell but it looks clean from those pics  :thumbsup:

what looks clean mate?

I see the plastic fuel connectors have been replaced. Did they make a good job of it?

I didnt pay to much attention bike was only here for 20mins I will be going over it beter when it comes for a wee stay

You have a Nero Corsa correct? It's essentially the same bike

Yeah so today I dug it out and noted that the batery sits in a bolt on cradle which has been removed from the cafe sport and also noted how the air box was placed, I was mixing up my 1100 sport with the v11 so a look reminded me.

anyway... no one has offered advice as to why this bike missis badley over 5000rpm

bad batt

un tuned pod filters

other?