Time to replace the rear shock

sp838

• 2 weeks later...

Good day folks,

I'm in desperate need of a (new) shock, as i'm sure many you V11 owners are. The OEM Sachs has be pulled and i'm all the oil and gas i'm sure has leaked out. And now since I have Ohlins front forks I want an equally capable new rear shock...so on that note....

I've contacted Elka suspension in Quebec Canada in the past (2 or 3 yrs ago) and said they will do a group by for 10 shocks but need a donor bike for a few weeks, I'm about 6 hours away...and they can be difficult at times.

Next I've also contacted a local Ohlins tech although not holding my breath on that one...

Third possibility is a Penske fully adjustable unit, probably much easier to execute since they've previously built shocks for the V11 in the past.

Has anyone though about a group buy from Penske??? Maybe a bit of deal to be had.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.... Anyone in the U.S. want to take the lead on this and run the Group Buy???

Count me in!!!!!!

Cheers,

RB

• 1 month later...

Good day everyone in GuzziLand and on V11LeMans forum.

I've posted on this thread and elsewhere on the forum that I've been looking to replace the leaking and beat up Sachs rear Shock with an Ohlins unit. After numerous attempts with local MG dealer to confirm for certain if an O.E.M. part is still available from Piaggio US or Italy. It has been confirmed that they no longer have stock and will not replenish stock. So on that note I've tried another route.

I have found a certified Ohlins suspension technician who has assembled / built an Ohlins rear shock for me and is now also rebuilding the front forks (Ohlins). I'll get my hands on everything once he gets back from Daytona and elsewhere in November.

I've asked if he would be interested in assisting the V11 membership by building a number of Ohlins shocks and selling to the group; he said he would consider it, so him and I will talk about details when he gets back in early November.

I'll start this thread here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18772

Cheers,

8975:  $599 shipped, paid via Paypal.  $581 shipped, paid via cash or check.

8983:  $775 shipped, paid via Paypal.  $752 paid via cash or check.

8987:  $999 shipped, paid via Paypal.  $972 paid via cash or check.  

If you want/need a piggyback reservoir, add $125 to those prices.

FPK (Fork Piston Kit):  $625 plus shipping, with Paypal.  $610  cash/check.  If we can swing enough interest before Penske's winter  special ends on 12/31/2011, the prices drop to $575/$558.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know how I can help.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!"

Nick

610-888-1280

sales@stoltecmoto.com

Has anyone though about a group buy from Penske??? Maybe a bit of deal to be had.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.... Anyone in the U.S. want to take the lead on this and run the Group Buy???

Count me in!!!!!!

Cheers,

RB

raceboy

Here is Nick's info.I would suggest calling or emailing him and see what it would take to get a group buy going.He did it for my Speed Triple group a few years ago,so prices may have gone up.

Start a new thread and see what kind of reaction you will get to gauge how many people are interested so you can give Nick a # of how many you may need.He will base the price on that and how many deposits he gets.

Like government,..don't wait for the other guy to make something happen.You can do it!! :thumbsup: