Cafe seat

Martin van der Meer

Hi there, 

Im looking to alter my (already stunning) V11, which I bought in may 2014, to a more caferacer look and Im wondering if anyone knows where I could find a seat similar to this awesome ride, owned by a guy called Dottor Larry.
MGV11 Dottor Larry.jpg

Preferably in Europe, since I live in the Netherlands.

Or perhaps anyone has tips how to create one myself.

Thanks in advance. 

Martin

Thanx, I found this one myself as well.

However, from the looks of it (and the specs) these don't seem to fit onto a V11. Perhaps they do, haven't found that out yet.

But I will see what this shop can or cannot do. 

The seat in the picture you posted doesn't fit very well.  When I looked at it I thought it was a very amateurish job.  Are you looking for the color or the shape? 

Hi there, 

Im looking to alter my (already stunning) V11, which I bought in may 2014, to a more caferacer look and Im wondering if anyone knows where I could find a seat similar to this awesome ride, owned by a guy called Dottor Larry.

attachicon.gifMGV11 Dottor Larry.jpg

Thanks in advance. 

Martin

Thats horrible.

Ciao

Thanx, I found this one myself as well.

However, from the looks of it (and the specs) these don't seem to fit onto a V11. Perhaps they do, haven't found that out yet.

But I will see what this shop can or cannot do. 

The seat in the picture you posted doesn't fit very well.  When I looked at it I thought it was a very amateurish job.  Are you looking for the color or the shape? 

Im looking for a better fitting seat than this one, but this is the first V11 with a more oldschool seat I've found since I started searching. 

I do like the brown of the seat. Perhaps even a bit darker, Especially since Im flirting with the idea of changing the feultank's color into bright orange. 

I've found some webshops with customseats in stock, but Im afraid those won't fit as well. 

Hi there, 

attachicon.gifMGV11 Dottor Larry.jpg

Thanks in advance. 

Martin

Thats horrible.

Ciao

haha, thanx. That's a very clear statement.

Why not go to an upholstery shop and have a custom seat made?  

Right now Im just exploring what my options are. But that's probably where this quest will get me in the end. Know any good ones?

I only know a couple cats here in Okla City.  I'd outline with them exactly what I expected.  I've gotten a couple of seat repairs that had a few puckers in the seams that didn't please me.

I always use Mr Google and the Yellow Pages.   :thumbsup:

That seat would look better if mounted correctly. You're not going to find an "off the shelf" seat that bolts right on, and you may have to remove or modify the end of the frame to mount any other seat, as the frame goes upward at the end. Maybe you could find a wider seat that would go over the sides of the frame, but a proper cafe seat should be more horizontal rather than upwards at the back end.

Honestly, I think the stock seat cowl looks cafe enough for me, but that's just my opinion. I think the V7 cafe seat may be available in brown in Europe, check here: http://www.corsaitaliana.com

Ken

V7011715-1 copy.jpg

That seat would look better if mounted correctly. You're not going to find an "off the shelf" seat that bolts right on, and you may have to remove or modify the end of the frame to mount any other seat, as the frame goes upward at the end. Maybe you could find a wider seat that would go over the sides of the frame, but a proper cafe seat should be more horizontal rather than upwards at the back end.

Honestly, I think the stock seat cowl looks cafe enough for me, but that's just my opinion. I think the V7 cafe seat may be available in brown in Europe, check here: http://www.corsaitaliana.com

Ken

Indeed, off the shelf seats are not an option. And you are definitely right about the stock cowl, it is already beautyful. Im just curious what I can do to give it an extra cafe touch. 

First thing I want to do is give it a smaller taillight and blinkers/indicators to slim the backside a bit. Good chance Im leaving the cowl as it is, but as I was saying Im just exploring the possibilities.