Resistor Covers

czakky

I bought the wire/cap set from MG Cycle a few years back, and price is for each: http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_157&products_id=1590 Or maybe these? https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_157&products_id=1669

Otherwise, call Harpers, and they'll know exactly what you need, and it's usually shipped the same day.

Edit: Looks like they're really expensive, unless they have a cheaper substitute: http://www.harpermoto.com/spark-plug-cap-01717430.html

I thought I read on the forum of somebody finding them on eBay at a good price.

Ken

MG will ship US mail for a fair price if you ask. To save shipping try to anticipate everything you want all in one order.  How do I know?  :homer:

$20 per wire. While not cheap, at least it's not obscene, and at least they're red and look cool. Just be glad it's a V-twin, not a V-8.

While were talking plug wires... Mine still has the original wires, but still less than 4,000 miles (and all of those miles in the last few months). It runs fine, but should I replace the wires just because of age? I'm going to do a thorough service at 5,000 and try my hand at TPS and other voodoo.

I got my red Champion resistor caps for Lambretta from Welsh Scooter Parts, Newport UK for 28US dollars and they shipped to me in few days.

Of course, the old ebay link has gone dead.

Sincere question: is there any reason why our bikes would need anything other than a standard resistor covers, that cost at most $6 each, as are fitted to thousands of other motorcycles?

Sincere question: is there any reason why our bikes would need anything other than a standard resistor covers, that cost at most $6 each, as are fitted to thousands of other motorcycles?

Vanity? :blush:  (I love the look of my Made in UK red Champion "spark plug boots.")

I'm not even sure why there is a resistor in them. Just to keep people's radios from crackling when they're parked next to me?

Heh. That, and supposedly unshielded spark plugs can cause interference with ECUs and electronic ignitions in our injected bikes. Points and carbs bikes wouldn't need them.

Good to know! (And cool to see that three guys on fairly simple instruments can carry an entire stadium!)

A few years back, I found one of my resistors had twice the resistance of the other (5000Ω vs 10,000Ω). Just one more little thing to get your V11 in balance!

I think ours are supposed to be the 5000Ω ones.

I think you're right. I figure the one I had that went to 10,000Ω had "gone bad."