Mandello del Lario visit

Bjorn

During our vacation in the Austrian and Italian Alps we visited the Moto Guzzi factory/museum in Mandello del Lario. Very nice museum! If you happen to be in northern Italy around lake Como, you should go!20150730_141012.jpg

20150730_141856.jpg

Tons of guzzi's, from mopeds to war vehicles and guzzi-powered war drones

20150730_144120.jpg

Tons of guzzi's, from mopeds to war vehicles and guzzi-powered war drones

I dont know shit, but i recognize cool shit when I see it :grin:

20150730_144917.jpg

20150730_145512.jpg

20150730_145418.jpg

20150730_145644.jpg

I asked how many guzzi's the produced each day, the answer was typical Italian. The guide responded with a English- Italian accent :'' How much?.... I dont know, we ........work'' :lol:

On our way back to the camp-site, we came through the village of Ballabio, reuniting the machine with the village its named after :) 

20150730_125350.jpg

• Like 4

I'd love to make it there someday.  Thanks for posting those!

Did anyone else notice that Dr John's autograph is actually "Dr John"?

I'd love to make it there someday.  Thanks for posting those!

Did anyone else notice that Dr John's autograph is actually "Dr John"?

I saw that "cool shit" too.  Someday... I was in Ljubljana once... so close... but that was before I caught the Guzzi virus. 

I was last year at the open days (but its only 2752 km from my house) - its seems to be always the second week-end of September. Next year it will be a special occasion once more, beause Guzzi will have its 95 year clebration. So if anybody plans to come from overseas, 9/2016 is the time to visit.

• Like 1

As far as I understand, the factory tour is possible only during the open days. I've been there twice and it's always a great experience. Other than that, there's only the museum open during a short period each day (Mo-Fri 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (July 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.), August closed. Once you are in Nothern Italy, why not see the factories of Ducati (Bologna) or MV Agusta (Varese) also, where you just enrol thourgh their web pages for a factor tour. I have never heard that Aprilia (Noale) would have any factory tours for end consumers on regular basis.

Good excuse to return in 2016! I would love to see the shop floor. I work at the largest Scania plant in Europe and there is definitely a resemblance between building a Truck and a motorcycle

I would love to see the shop floor

As a pro of assembly lines you should visit a big manufacturer like Ducati? In my opinion (also), at Guzzi factory it is the history and heritage which is so unique. Same buildings, off the walls fallen plastering on the same spots than tens of years ago... The photos at the museum what it used to be, the old wind tunnel where you see the "cobweb" covered feeling... I assume the assembling lines are the same everywhere, at Guzzi only everything in a small scale. But the new up to date Cali 1400 rolls out of the Guzzi assembly line in Mandello del Lario...