Sore bums !

nobleswood

Thinking of buying an Airhawk to help with the longer rides.

Which version is the question ? Opinions & suggestions please.

And Scud I did consider a K75/100 after your post ! They are a lot of bike for the money.

About 15 years ago, while visiting Sturgis SD, I purchased a sheepskin. A real, heavy wool, whole sheepskin, dyed black. Not one of the little cut outs they sell for bikes. I'd seen old farts using them for years, and thought I may as well try it considering my ass hurt so bad. I cut it in half it was so big. Half is still large and covers part of the tank, which is handy, but doesn't look like I'm riding a buffalo. Circulates air well, and can be fluffed at every stop. It helps comfort considerably. Eleminates monkey butt for me. I use it all the time for day rides or distance. Rain is ok too, it dosen't pile up and it shakes right out. I don't even strap it down. Now I'm the old fart using it, and recommending it.

• Like 1

As silly as it may seem but a sheepskin draped on a seat for the long haul works!!!! I did it once wih a cheap Ikea one . I can imagine how much better with a quality one. May look silly but a skin will save your a$$.. ;-)

Why dont you try a pair of Cycling "nicks" under your pants/jeans. You know those lycra tights that finish mid thigh and have a built in shamos gussett for padding and sweat absorbsion?

They are the difference on a pushbike between agony and totally no issues after a 75klm ride.

I've used them for a few years on the motorcycles also and they work just as well in that application, and no fugly woolly seat cover to get wet and manky.

Ciao 

Sorry I can't speak to the air hawk as I haven't used one. Seems like it might provide kind of a wobbly perch. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tolerate the tights too long. I rather like feeling free, but I'll give them a try. Anything for a bit of added comfort. Not sure what manky means Phil, but it doesn't sound good. If you ever get a chance to try out a woolly skin, you might be surprised. It isn't wet for long.

I seriously hope this is not going to turn into a discussion about how much men in various countries love their sheep...  :whistle:

That would be "manky."

Sorry I can't speak to the air hawk as I haven't used one. Seems like it might provide kind of a wobbly perch. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tolerate the tights too long. I rather like feeling free, but I'll give them a try. Anything for a bit of added comfort. Not sure what manky means Phil, but it doesn't sound good. If you ever get a chance to try out a woolly skin, you might be surprised. It isn't wet for long.

Manky for me just means horrible looking....probably wrong but there you go.

The advantage of the cycling nicks is they give you padding and absorb sweat and dont ruin the look of the bike. I mean who wants to park up and enjoy a nice Coffee while looking at some revolting looking piece of furry skin draped across the seat totally ruining the look of the bike.

Makes you look soft as well to all the non riders and will scare small children. Dont even go there.

Ciao 

What does it look like you have been doing when you stride all gingerly bow legged?

There are some things that just require manning up and one of those is how you look when you mount the bike and pull away, especially from the pub.

You need to suck it up on those occasions and look totally at ease. Again cycling nicks under the jeans/pants.....descrete and no sore ass. 

Ciao

What does it look like you have been doing when you stride all gingerly bow legged?

There are some things that just require manning up and one of those is how you look when you mount the bike and pull away, especially from the pub.

You need to suck it up on those occasions and look totally at ease. Again cycling nicks under the jeans/pants.....descrete and no sore ass. 

Ciao

The secret chamois crotch . . . ^_^