Corbin Seats

JBBenson

Anybody have a Corbin on their V11?

http://corbin.com/motoguzzi/v11gun.shtml

I want a better seat for touring, and thought it might be something I could swap out for the stock seat and cowl as needed. I use a soft pannier style SW-Motech tailbag, and usually lose the cowl anyway when I have the bag on. The forward area looks a little, err, high, ergonomically speaking. Maybe not.

Any reviews or thoughts?

With the Corbin you can't use the cowl. What they can do is match the leather to the color of your bike.

I went through this last year. i wanted a new seat but also wanted the cowl.. What I did is took my seat to an upholsterer. Here Shaped the foam and redid the seat in black alcantera. Looks superb . Best part is it's better than the Corbin for 1/3 the cost. The Corbin is great but from sound from what you want you might want to look into a rebuild of that seat.

JB - maybe you could just get a spare stock seat pan and have new foam put on it for you. Any local upholstery shop can do it.

I bought my V11 with a Corbin, used it for a 600 mile weekend, put the standard one on and did the same. I still had a sore ass so I sold the Corbin on eBay for good money, it worked out a 10% discount on what was already a cheap bike.

I've just dragged the bike out of a 6 year hibernation to take it to Italy in the summer so I guess I'll find out if selling the Corbin was a mistake.

My experience with the Corbin, it looked nice and should have been more comfy but you have to be just the perfect size or it doesn't work.. If I were 6' and not 5'10" it would have been a keeper.. as it was I sat and inch or 2 forward of the pocket so never got comfy.

IMG_0106-L.jpg

On the cusp of rolling over 100,000 miles, people ask what I need to do to the Sport. Bearings? Rings? Cam? Gearbox?

No, but, ooh, but that seat comes to mind!

Anyone have an early seat pan I could have my way with?

Having had a Corbin (Café GL1000) which seemed so hard, and seen the good quality of both Sargent's and Rich Maund seats, I would be most inclined to have my local guys fit one to my particular case; and go back to have them reshape it a bit if necessary.

Hmm, an early seat pan . . .

Anymore, foam products are so complex . . . I'd consider a dual layer, or "duplex"  approach to balance support with a comfort layer.

I'd sure like to come across an old seat pan . . .  :whistle:

Thanks guys.

I am trying to simplify my life, so adding more motorcycle parts to my garage doesn't help that.

I have taken the stock seat to a local guy to reshape etc. it wasn't that bad, but I think it could be better.

Scud, don't you have a seat for Docc from that wreck you bought?

Thanks guys.

I am trying to simplify my life, so adding more motorcycle parts to my garage doesn't help that.

I have taken the stock seat to a local guy to reshape etc. it wasn't that bad, but I think it could be better.

Scud, don't you have a seat for Docc from that wreck you bought?

But adding motorcycle parts to the garage adds joy - even if it does not simplify...

I wish I had a seat for Docc, but the wreck was an '02 and the seat would not fit.  Somebody else already has the seat anyway.

Hey Scud .............. Cant respond on the custom seats for the V 11 but I had Sargent build me one for one of my other machines. First class experience and comfortable as well...... really well built product IMHO.

PS.        How was your buying experience from GP Motorcycles?

How far are you from there shop? I think I just bought a Norge from them and was wondering if I should have any concerns.

PM me when you can............... or other.

Ciao

I have an early seat I got off ebay. I didn't know they were different from later ones till I got it. The pan hits a couple places where they rearranged things so I cut on it a bit. Still solid and complete 'cept for a hole. I can send a photo if you might be interested