What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

New battery:  Odyssey PC545 installed.  Starts up better than ever!  Ordered the BatteryMinder model:128CEC1 charger to keep this battery healthy.  Read through a bunch of posts on this topic and finally decided on this battery/charger combo.

Stucci crossover pipe has been sitting in the garage for couple years now.  Finally installed it.  Sounds great!  Might be a little too loud to roll up the driveway at 5am coming home from the night shift though.  

• Like 1

Make sure to disconnect the battery if you using the high-amperage charging, especially with the desulfate mode. I am still trying to sort out an electrical problem on my Scura, which I think I may have caused by using the Battery Minder to charge the Odyssey while still connected to the bike. Apparently it can damage the regulator.

5AM loud bike... isn't that called an alarm clock? People will appreciate getting an early start to their day.

• Like 4

Isn’t pulling the 30 amp charging/regulator fuse adequate to isolate the regulator from external charging?

Is this true?  That would be very convenient.

Isn’t pulling the 30 amp charging/regulator fuse adequate to isolate the regulator from external charging?

Is this true?  That would be very convenient.

How would power get back to the regulator otherwise, if not through the charging wire? :huh2:

IMG_4356.jpg

• Like 1

There are three cables at the positive terminal

1) Goes to Starter

2) Goes to 30 amp fuse

3) Goes into the loom and then where? I don't know.

There are three cables at the positive terminal

1) Goes to Starter

2) Goes to 30 amp fuse

3) Goes into the loom and then where? I don't know.

Yet, the regulator warning I have (posted) says "Disconnect the Regulator/Rectifier from the battery." Would not opening the charging connection accomplish that without disconnecting the battery terminals?

(Of course, disconnecting the battery will accomplish this as well. In that case, disconnect the negative side, not the positive.)

[bTW, the 2nd positive terminal for the "30 amp" charging input has a junction to supply power for the lighting and ignition switch. The third positive terminal supplies power to the separate loom for fuel injection/ coils/ fuel pump/ECU > Fuses 1 and 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to cleaning the Scura after the New Mexico MGNOC rally. On the way on US191 a.k.a. the Devil's Highway, we came across a chip seal crew and some just sprayed tar.  Made quite a mess of the bike.

roadtar.jpg

A lot of nasty chemicals used to remove it.

So, a question for the experts. Is the alternator cover painted?   Looks like it since my nasty chemicals ruined the finish on the cover.

Is the little Guzzi logo held on with double sticky tape?

So, a question for the experts. Is the alternator cover painted?   Looks like it since my nasty chemicals ruined the finish on the cover.

Is the little Guzzi logo held on with double sticky tape?

If you want to remove the logo, hit it with a heat gun from the back. It will come off easily. I had mine powder-coated and used 3M foam double-sided sticky tape to re-install; it has held up well.