What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

8 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Someone with the same name as you asked that question in 2021. :D

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/23134-v11-breather-tubes/page/2/#elControls_267496_menu

That's interesting, someone with the same name as you answered that question in 2021. ;)

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/23134-v11-breather-tubes/?do=findComment&comment=267496

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, docc said:

That's interesting, someone with the same name as you answered that question in 2021. ;)

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/23134-v11-breather-tubes/?do=findComment&comment=267496

Touché, absolutely.  My evil twin, my alter ego. 
Truth is I unabashedly lobbed that question in as a lazy attempt to divine the answer that I knew had been answered at some point previously, which I noted.  I just forgot which thread it was in or the right search terms for that topic.  I’ll accept the requisite scolding for my laziness.🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

About two months ago I gave her a service, including solving the wheep from the gearbox exit shaft seal.
Discovered the seal was not installed all the way, so instead of replacing it, I tapped it a bit deeper.

Then the wheep turned into a leak.:stupid:

So I went in again and disassembled the rear AGAIN, this time to replace the seal. 
Oh well....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

0663ebc0-f37a-468b-904b-7f828c340542.jpeg

coppa Italia is in for full service, suspension rebuild and a lot of other stuff. Hopefully I'll be set of a summer of twisty roads and smiles...  

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

After being in hibernation since 2006 , I got the red frame out and started riding it . The test ride didn't go well . I didn't realize the starter button was stuck and I got about 1 1/2mi. down the road with it running awful and died .  Starter was HOT and battery was dead . A buddy stopped and had a jump box , I started it and made it home. Let it charge and took it to work the next two days. I still sputtered and ran awful at fixed throttle and rolling off throttle. I was explaining the symptoms to my guru when I realized what it was . Got my meter and checked the spark plug wire to ground resistance. OPEN . Went into the shop and installed a new plug cap , checked resistance and GOOD . Don't remember the # , somewhere around 5-6k. Installed both caps to keep from having one Champion and one NGK . I do (occasionally) have standards. Now it starts immediately and no misfires at all . Next week it becomes my daily rider. 

One more thing 34lbs. PSI is much better than 4/front and 11/rear in the tires. NOTE to self : check air pressure , I don't care how good they look .

As mature as I have felt on the V-Strom I am meant to ride the V-11.  

P.S. My knees did bend enough to get my feet on the pegs. It has been 10+yrs.  

Now to get the fuel pump to work on the red frame and I will be ready to go !

It took me 7 days to find this thread or I would have posted much sooner.

=

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gstallons said:

After being in hibernation since 2006 , I got the red frame out and started riding it . The test ride didn't go well . I didn't realize the starter button was stuck and I got about 1 1/2mi. down the road with it running awful and died .  Starter was HOT and battery was dead . A buddy stopped and had a jump box , I started it and made it home. Let it charge and took it to work the next two days. I still sputtered and ran awful at fixed throttle and rolling off throttle. I was explaining the symptoms to my guru when I realized what it was . Got my meter and checked the spark plug wire to ground resistance. OPEN . Went into the shop and installed a new plug cap , checked resistance and GOOD . Don't remember the # , somewhere around 5-6k. Installed both caps to keep from having one Champion and one NGK . I do (occasionally) have standards. Now it starts immediately and no misfires at all . Next week it becomes my daily rider. 

One more thing 34lbs. PSI is much better than 4/front and 11/rear in the tires. NOTE to self : check air pressure , I don't care how good they look .

As mature as I have felt on the V-Strom I am meant to ride the V-11.  

P.S. My knees did bend enough to get my feet on the pegs. It has been 10+yrs.  

Now to get the fuel pump to work on the red frame and I will be ready to go !

It took me 7 days to find this thread or I would have posted much sooner.

=

The sort of effort worth its own thread. :luigi:  :race:  :thumbsup:

SSR XX or Bust! :grin:

7 minutes ago, gstallons said:

One more thing 34lbs. PSI is much better than 4/front and 11/rear in the tires.

Well, how about that. :grin:

Great that you have got her back up and running. Enjoy! :)

Oh , this was a project . The original owner was an "artist" & I had to go through a lot to de-personalize this bike . It was worth it .

• Like 5

Oh dear...

One can only imagine what an "artist" might get up to with a V11.....

Good on you for restoring her dignity mate!

Ohhhhh , it was personalized ! I had to remove all of this stuff right off the bat . IIRC , he had heater hose over the footpegs and that was the only thing I will confess to .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, gstallons said:

Ohhhhh , it was personalized ! I had to remove all of this stuff right off the bat . IIRC , he had heater hose over the footpegs and that was the only thing I will confess to .

I used to date this girl in college that liked heater hose over her footpegs . . .  :whistle:

" and that was the only thing I will confess to" . . .  :huh: ;) :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, docc said:

I used to date this girl in college that liked heater hose over her footpegs . . .  :whistle:

" and that was only thing I will confess to" . . .  :huh: ;) :grin:

Probably all we need to know about

THAT docc....B)

• Haha 3

I have done .......well , I will have to think about that one for a while .

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, Tinus89 said:

About two months ago I gave her a service, including solving the wheep from the gearbox exit shaft seal.
Discovered the seal was not installed all the way, so instead of replacing it, I tapped it a bit deeper.

Then the wheep turned into a leak.:stupid:

So I went in again and disassembled the rear AGAIN, this time to replace the seal. 
Oh well....

High marks for economy and the ol' College try before doing the work that was inevitable anyway.

I washed mine and went for pizza with a friend.

• Like 1