Two to one V11 exhaust?

toofat2fly

With both of my Guzzi's (and both of my cars), I run after market exhaust systems for 3 reasons: 1. I like a louder than stock exhaust, 2.it provides a performance gain (proven via dyno), and 3.to me, most aftermarket systems just look better. The aftermarket performance gains are often augmented by cutting weight as well. On my Griso it cut close to 30 pounds getting rid of the stock "monstrosity" - that is equal to close to a 3 horsepower gain performance wise. On my Griso I'm running Todd's Guzzi Tech straight Y-pipe with shorty canister sans db-killer (this bike sounds like something Satan himself would ride, "probably" a bit too loud, but it sure is addictive to hear her roar at WOT :) ). On the V11, I've got ceramic coated stock headers, Mistral crossover and Mistral cans. Guzzi Moto accurately described the difference in character between the set ups (except in my case, my Griso is a fair bit louder than my V11).

The caveat to ensuring a power train performance gain that I do not recall reading in any of the posts in this thread so far is fueling. I've got Power Commanders on both Guzzi's, one car's carb was re-jetted to match the exhaust and my car's ECU is sophisticated enough to adapt to the improved flow of the aftermarket system. Without adjusting fueling to suit the exhaust and intake set up of any vehicle, it is a "roll of the dice" performance wise when you deviate from stock. 

In this case you have already said you're not really concerned about the performance gain/lose, so if you like the way it looks, like the way it sounds and the bike feels like it runs well with it installed, enjoy have a rare, sweet looking exhaust!

kmac33.... "With both of my Guzzi's (and both of my cars), I run after market exhaust systems for 3 reasons: 1. I like a louder than stock exhaust, 2.it provides a performance gain (proven via dyno), and 3.to me, most aftermarket systems just look better. The aftermarket performance gains are often augmented by cutting weight as well. On my Griso it cut close to 30 pounds getting rid of the stock "monstrosity" - that is equal to close to a 3 horsepower gain performance wise."

agreed. I have always felt one has to put the bike right by undoing Govt restrictions. A few changes to make it as it should have come from the factory. Intake/exhaust always need attention imo, and done on every bike I've owned, except oem resto. In which case I MUST have stock. And boy are those things hard to find. If I could go back in time and collect all the thrown out exhausts from the 60's & 70's.... :food: !

• Like 2

2.it provides a performance gain (proven via dyno)

footgoose

I am sure you were not on the dyno with the mistral crossover. It costs you a lot of HP on top and does not sound any better. Just cost you money....

• 1 month later...

to add but a brief word on fuelling, a properly tuned bike will sound quieter than something not correctly tuned. 

After a new 2-1 exhaust and full rebuild on my ducati ST2 Cafe Racer, i took it for a PC3 fitment and dynotune.

The sound difference and of course running through the revs was completely different and went from harsh and raspy at times to sweet.