Sealing tank for E10 gas

brlawson

I wouldn't risk it. I've heard many horror stories about do it yourself products delaminating, which can (in a worst case scenario) ruin your engine. I did the same thing you did, ie upgraded my '01 to an in tank pump and filter setup, but I sent my tank to be professionally lined by these guys: http://www.gastanklining.com

Not worth it to me personally to mess around with something as critical as this.

Huh. These guys are like 10 minutes from me. Maybe I will stop by and show them my V11 and see what they say.

Certainly would not mind going this way and will be interested in what they say as they make no mention of any type of tank other than metal on their website.

They do all tank types, are also a full service body shop. They can do priming and paint too.

If you live nearby, you'll save on shipping for sure.

I wouldn't risk it. I've heard many horror stories about do it yourself products delaminating, which can (in a worst case scenario) ruin your engine. I did the same thing you did, ie upgraded my '01 to an in tank pump and filter setup, but I sent my tank to be professionally lined by these guys: http://www.gastanklining.com

Not worth it to me personally to mess around with something as critical as this.

Huh. These guys are like 10 minutes from me. Maybe I will stop by and show them my V11 and see what they say.

let mek now what they say, I'm interested too

• 5 weeks later...

Nice job, but too much work, and too much risk, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Nice job, but too much work, and too much risk, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Back to finding a source for a run of alloy tanks? :food:

Or just run zero-E fuel? (not an option for everyone, apparently)

I know a man that build's tanks. He is very good. I had him interested this spring to make me one. He got busy with other tanks and backed out. (he works metal part time) I will stay on him and eventually...... this one is his work

image.jpg

• Like 1

I love that bike! Definitely keep on him.

Too bad the Alutank guy in Germany seems to have gone out of business...

I love that bike! Definitely keep on him.

Too bad the Alutank guy in Germany seems to have gone out of business...

Is that who made the tank for "Ponti?"

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly would not mind going this way and will be interested in what they say as they make no mention of any type of tank other than metal on their website.

Any feedback from the visit? Busy schedule?