Scura transmisson weirdness..

Chuck

This morning, I took the front nut off, loosened the rear nut but didn't let it come off, took some big hunker channel locks and moved that sucker that 1/8". Now, I have about a quarter inch clearance between the balance knob and the power lead to the starter. Perfect.  :thumbsup: Luigi still sucks, though..

It's been raining off and on today..still.. but I just had to try it out. I'm fully aware that the natural tendency when you've done some wrenching or spent some money is to say it's better. 

It is.  :grin:

I'm *really* familiar with how this bike shifts. After all, I've ridden it 14000 miles, mostly in the California canyons, shifting pretty constantly. It has never been this good. Period. Props to Lucky Phil.  :thumbsup:

I set my riding gear out to dry and called it done.

Excellent work Chuck. Try the shift lever arm extension mod ( I mean its an hours work to a bloke with your skills and equipment) and it will be another giant leap in performance.

Ciao

My material supplier is not getting it here, so I'm having a look at making some of these while I'm waiting. Unfortunately, it's not just an hours work. I'll have to make a form die to put the bend in the arm. I *could* just make it out of flat stock and put a spacer between the shifter and shift arm, but that wouldn't be very elegant, would it now? :luigi:  I have some 1/8" 4130 just like you make airplanes with, so I have stock. I don't have a plating shop available any more.. central Indiana manufacturing went in the tank 20 some years ago. Probably just have to zinc chromate them with a rattle can and rattle can them red for Lucky Phil.  B)

Indicating the hole/slot locations and transferring them to cad..

28580840824_730ee106e3_c.jpg2016-08-24_11-26-37 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

• Like 1