Starter switch cluster technology?

Cabernet

Does that brass location lug in the bottom of the housing do anything else but orientate the switch on the tube? Seems to "start and kill" fine off the bar.

Sent wrestling with Tapatalk.

That does likely well made next to the typical Japanese "molded in" locator pins that tend to shear off.

Who makes this switchgear?

It's the OE Guzzi original. Looking at doing a handlebar conversion and weighing up the issues. Just making sure it does nothing else before dispensing with it.

That is just a locator pin. But I recommend keeping it if you can. It is not that hard to drill an indent in the new bars to fit that pin. 

Why risk drilling into a primary control surface for the sake of a of a secondary non riding control accessory. Looking at aluminium bars and whilst the odds of causing a stress riser is low, the resulting potential is huge. Why add that kind of risk. Did you see what happened to Sam Lowes in Moto2 at the A1 Saxon ring?

That is just a locator pin. But I recommend keeping it if you can. It is not that hard to drill an indent in the new bars to fit that pin.

Thanks for confirming my deduction though.

Cabernet,

What risers are you planning on using? Giving the handlebar conversion a lot of thought myself but cannot locate a set of risers tall enough. Any thoughts on this.

Rob

A couple. The bolt on the risers for VX800 are long enough to just clear the fork tops without moving them. So a goodly spacer would riser it enough. Alternatively the FZ1 has some good height risers. The bar options seem limited due to the distance between the bosses under the top yoke that will need drilling. Thinking a Renthal 658 superbike bar.